Winnipeg wins West Division with victory over Elks

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeated the Edmonton Elks 48-11 on Saturday night at IG Field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/08/winnipeg-wins-west-division-with-victory-over-elks/

Even though this might be a duplicate thread I'll still give it a, "You bet your bippy we won the West!" :partying_face: :boom: :anger:

2 Likes

They won two division titles tonight they are that good .

1 Like

It'll be three division titles if they put up another duplicate. :smiley: :+1:

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeated the Edmonton Elks 48-11 on Saturday night at IG Field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/08/winnipeg-wins-west-division-title-with-victory-over-elks/

Congrats Bombers .

1 Like

It'll be official once somebody puts the little 'y' in front of our Team Name. Until then I guess first place is still up for grabs.

1 Like

It's like I've been here before...

1 Like

Semantics, but they still have to win the West Final to win the division.

1 Like

I fully understand the reasons for the one game winner takes all playoff format but it really doesn't necessarily determine the "best". There are many variables during a game that can result in a loss by a better team. For example; if Calgary plays the Bombers in the western final and wins, is Calgary the better team this season even though the Bombers would have won the series?
I'm not advocating to change the format because I get it that it makes for an exponentially more exciting game.

Just some rambling incoherent thoughts from a very gruntled Bomber fan (I might feel different if I were a fan of the west final opponents).

1 Like

That's an interesting point. If a team sweeps the season series against a given team but then loses to that team in the playoffs there ought to be some compensation. Perhaps the option to switch draft choices would even things up.

1 Like