Winnipeg vs Ottawa Game Day Thread Friday July 5, 2024

For some reason I feel this will be the game of the week or perhaps it could be the upcoming game in the Big Hammer.

4 Likes

I am hoping the bombers finally show up.
But I also hope the Rider game is a great one too

2 Likes

Big Streveler gets the start in tonights game vs Ottawa (+3)

3 Likes

After Toronto ruined my VGCC start to the week, Winnipeg better not let me down! Get out there and start Strevelling, Chris!

5 Likes

Got some frsh pickeral to cook up right away - hopefully the Bombers D will get a few Picks too
I also got a pretty good sunburn…

6 Likes

The burgers are leftover from yesterday’s BBQ, but the parsley for tonight’s potatoes are fresh out of my MIL’s garden.

3 Likes

Yup - I reluctantly chose the Argos to win as well - can’t say that I’m too unhappy to be wrong, but I’d like to be right the rest of the weekend. I should have just gone with all the home teams . Yes I chose the Ticats to win on Sunday against BC - they have to win one sometime and there’s no better place to do it than at home. I’ll be there cheering them on.
But back to tonight’s game. I considered changing my pic but decided not to, so here’s hoping that the Bombers show up and even the score after losing to the OTTRBs in Week 1.

3 Likes

You’re asking for ribeye… while eating fresh pickerel, it’s been years since I ate fresh caught pickerel.

Go Bombers Go! For the w

1 Like

It took me a bit to get what a MIL is…I was stuck wondering why the F wasn’t there, lol

3 Likes

Surf & Turf baby! Pickeral was triple dusted and turned out perfect!

4 Likes

Aah. A perfect summer night. I’m in my La-Z-Boy, have a whiskey amaretto, my Bombers are about to kickoff, and tomorrow I’m going to Summerfest in Milwaukee.

4 Likes

No purdy pictures? GG & Bot Ross must be taking the day off.

4 Likes

I tried my best. I asked for RedBlacks and Bomber and this is what it came up with.

4 Likes

A red and black bomber jacket - of course! Not quite what you were looking for I’m sure!

It’s time for the BB D to step it up and stop their old team mate

1 Like

I see @WeGotTheCup wasn’t the only one mowing the lawn today…O’Shea had a close encounter too.

1 Like

O’Shea always has that neighbour mowing the lawn look with his patented khaki shorts and ballcap attire on the sidelines .

1 Like

Strev’s not getting much time in the pocket.

Nice run back by Deadmon.

1 Like

Not a great punt by Sheahan there.

Either he has regressed or this hip injury is hurting him more than expected…

Im not watching live though so can’t be totally confident.

2 Likes

Pikeral and partridge, the perfect surf and turf.

1 Like

Seems like a few of us all had the same idea for dinner lol

My girlfriend cooked up some fish and chips with a home made tartar sauce for us tonight. We got a good deal on fish at Costco :fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes