Winnipeg vs Calgary Game Day Thread Friday July 12, 2024

Blue Bombers seek another win, possibility of a big vintage game for Zach Collaros.

3 Likes

Zach certainly wants to prove he still got it.

1 Like

It’s incredible when you look at the stats. Zack is pretty much last in all categories for a starter. Hope he starts this game & gets his mojo back. Winnipeg needs this game.

1 Like

He has to have people to throw to, though. His #1 and #2 receivers are both on the 6-game.

1 Like

Is this really the last time the Bombers and Stamps will face off?

Seems early to not play a west opponent again.

Game time temp expected to be 41 with the humidex and vicious thunderstorms possible. Since the game is on a Friday rather than on the preferred Thursday in the summer and the city will start emptying for cottage country this afternoon to escape the heat, I expect this to be the lowest Bomber crowd of the season so far. Hopefully I’m wrong.

1 Like

For sure, Jon, the heat will make this a game of attrition. With thunderstorms, I am prepared to watch until midnight. LOL If they stop for an hour, then restart, then stop again for an hour, and restart, I figure about 4AM should conclude. Just kidding…I know it doesn’t work that way!
I worked in Wpg, very briefly, one summer. Have good friends there since forever. So I understand the “cabin/lake drain.” Can’t imagine why they accepted a Thurs. home date???

1 Like

The Bombers want Thursday home dates. People are still in the city on Thursdays. Not nearly so much on Fridays and not at all on Saturdays.

1 Like

Wear White Night at the game today. Love the scenery at the stadium on hot nights, and if it rains those white T-shirts might get a little revealing :partying_face:

3 Likes

Is there such a thing as a must win game in July? This game could very well decide 3rd place & playoffs.

2 Likes

[quote=“Jon, post:8, topic:92892”]

The Bombers want Thursday home dates. People are still in the city on Thursdays. Not nearly so much on Fridays and not at all on Saturdays.

Late Sunday PM...like 6 would be ideal, so people could get back from the lake. Thursday night people are packing up, getting stuff ready, buying supplies, so they can leave directly after work on Friday.

Well…if it isn’t must win, it is pretty close, cuz if they go to 1-5…they would probably need to go 8-4 the rest of the way, and there are a lot of tough games ahead…and this team isn’t as good. EE can’t even be counted on as a free spot on a bingo card.

1 Like

1 Like

I am as much as anything surprised this is the last regular season meeting for these two clubs.

Oh football gods, please don’t let Coatney obliterate Collaros again.

1 Like

Anyone else feel that, after the Argos whup-asding the Larks that their CFL picks are are about to go 0 and 4 ???

Nope. Just an unpredictable upset. Still giving the edge to Winnipeg tonight and BC. The Edmonton/Ottawa game is the toughest. Dru Brown will start. Edmonton should win unless they manage to screw it up late. But when have they ever done that?

1 Like

Just get it done tonight boys.
Lets Go Blue!

3 Likes

That’s odd. Did I move away from the US without knowing it?
Maybe Trump is back in power already.

1 Like

Is it maybe on CBS?