Winnipeg looks beatable

I know Dorian Smith is out. I thought Logan was too but I read some where that he was practicing today so I'm not sure. Still haven't heard a word about Suber either.

I hope Logan’s out just for the fact of he did a number on our passing game in week 1.That could’ve been because we didn’t have Maurice Mann and you guys knew we’d force it to AB3 or it’s just cause Logan straight up owns.Either way, why take a chance? :lol:

True enough - we’re a much better secondary with him playing and he’s a Canadian to boot! Mann looked ok in his first game but I really like McDaniel - he’s got future star written all over him :thup:

Yeah I kinda think the TiCats are going to have their way with the Bomber defence in this one, if Logan & Suber are still out. Kent & Brown as replacements were not at the same level. The wild card is this Hopkins guy who might replace D Smith on the line. Supposed to have a motor and real mean streak.

The only way I see a Bomber win is if they can outscore the Ticat offense and contain that missile Thigpen.

Logan doesnt "own" anything.
WPG was obviously aware Glenn was going to try and exploit their rookie corner with Bruce. Logan was told to go straight for Bruce , hang on, and hope for the best. It worked. Wind pushed Glenn's passes imo and 1-2 incompletes were Bruces fault. Could have just as easily been a disaster for Logan.
By the time Gibson figured it was time to try a diff tactic the line was collapsing and thus moot.

In the game vs. Argos Logan was either burned or invisible.

Or injured. He was hurt pretty early in the game. And the Argo’s hardly burned us in the passing department regardless. :roll:

Personally I think it's a little of both with regards to Logan. Yes....he's good. But the Cats didn't exactly play smart against him. You could see that the Bombers were double and sometime triple covering Bruce...and yet for some insane reason the Cats continued to try and throw to him.

As for this game....I no longer try and predict because I'm inevitably wrong.

You never know what you're going to get with a rookie making his first start in the CFL, but Drew Edwards said Will Heyward had a great practice today and looked like a man possessed, so it sounds like he wants to seize the opportunity. Hopefully he can continue this on Friday, keep it up Will Heyward :thup:

I must say it's great to see all the civil posts between ticat and bomber fans.

I'm impressed.

I'm enjoying it too.Won't be long before thekillerisme and milt-for-life come bursting on here chirping away and then try to say it's us that always starts things.Let the countdown begin!

hmm... nope. im not saying anything this week. ill let u guys talk and ill let the players play on friday and see what happens.

seems to me when fans get overly confident about beating a team, like u guys were week 1 and we were week 2.. U LOSE so im not saying anything.

i just hope to see a good competitive exciting game.

The secret to beating the Peg is shutting down Buck pierce, its really that simple. Someone let Marcell know so we don't take another beating.

Bombers suck.

If we have to wait for teams to be depleted by injuries to come up with a win...we will definately be in fourth place all season.
One more loss....and Obie needs to step in and shake things up...starting with the coaching staff.

8) I think Obie would wait until we are 0-5, before he does anything drastic. :roll:
  Seriously, this team can't afford to keep changing coaches every second year.

That would not look too good on Obie at that point, since he was the guy that made the decision to retain MB as HC.

tipper: So you would rather keep losing? This season is playing out the same as last season so you don’t need to wait until we are 0-5. The writing is on the wall.
I want Marcel to be a winner so I hope things change soon. It’s Mike Gibson I worry about.
I’d like to know how much freedom he has to screw up the game plan, which I assume has been approved by Marcel. Lots it seems because nothing seems to change during the second half. Been like that since last season.
As for “can’t afford to keep changing coaches every second year”…tell that to the Blue team or the Bummers.The Bummers beat us soundly and the Blue team has beaten the Bummers.
0-2 is a lousy start.

Winnipeg might look beatable but Hamilton definitely is. In these past two games every element has failed except kick return.

Better yet, keep Pierce and company off the field. Establish the run and win the ball control and time-of-possession battles.
Cory Boyd ran for 109 yds on 19 carries against Bombers’ run D last week and it was a big factor in the Argos’ win. Of course, Boyd is a more of a power back with a different running style from Cobb.
Ticats must improve their running game this week because Cobb’s 59 yards on 20 carries in the first two games won’t get the job done. If he can’t get at least 80 to 100 yards on say 15 to 20 carries, the Ticats will need to take a serious look at what’s wrong with the running game and make adjustments. Establish the run, soften the Winnipeg defense a bit and Ticats win IMO.

8) There in lies the problem. Cobb will never get the chance to carry the ball 15-20 times a game, unless of course, we are
  up by 10 points at least !!

I am impressed by that Cory Boyd however.  He doesn't look that big, but he is listed at 218lbs.  
  He hits the holes quickly and has great accelleration also.

As a comparison, Cobb, with his added 15 lbs. this year, should be around 210 lbs.

Shut up already. Bombers suck.