Winnipeg does not want move to the West yet again!

The bombers were moved the year they were hosting the GC game. The Bombers had financial problems that may have impacted the GC game. The $700,000 for moving to the eastern conference was more or less to make sure the bombers could financially handle the GC game. It they did a great job and made a 2 million profit which helped the team out of that financial problem they were having.

It is great to see the Argos crowds are getting up there.

......a measley 700,000..just put a small dent in the Grey Cup expenditures.....We will expect quite a bit more when the next up-heavel to our franchise occurs...(if and when).....The Bombers are slowly losing their identity....and the extra money has to be used now to recover it....ask Lyle... :lol: :lol:

Leave them in the East and save all your money. Come to think of it, the Bombers should have to pay to come to the West.

…LOL…why would we have to pay to play in the division we were born in…but i guess we could return to represent the west and win it all…after we take the Cup for the east…man that would be the ultimate in versatility…GoBigBlue… :lol:

I would want to stay in the East division where its easier to be a 1st or 2nd place team rather than have to be a third or 4th place team if you move back to the West and have to play the Lions, Stamps ,Riders and Esks more often... :lol:

…sambo…you know you’d welcome us back in a flash… definitely bringing some prairie credibility back to the division :lol: :lol:

Your tellin me… :roll:

Marty York reports that the $700,000 is being put to good use. Reliable sources found a purchase of $700,000 for Mosquito repellant headed to Winnipeg. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

…and i thought it was to go towards netting to cover the new stadium…which 'Peggers and Asper are persistenly pursuing …those pesky buggers…the skeeters i mean… :lol:

…and speaking of the new proposed stadium and Aspers bid…looks like everything is ‘on hold’ according to the media in the Peg this morning…Getting funding from the feds.appears to be as difficult as eradicating mosquitos…for some reason i’m getting the feeling it ain’t gonna happen…signed …dejected CFL FAN… :cry: HOPE I’M WRONG…

There’s just not enough conservative voters in Manitoba to make it worthwile for them. Better off to fund a stadium in Quebec (like Molson’s expansion) or Ontario (new soccer stadium) and see that “investment” repayed with additional MP seats. There is just little growth potential for them in Man.

…you could be right xvys…but it sure would be nice if the stadium for the Peg came of the rails because of no support from the Harper cons…and the seats in Man. became the difference between a fed. majority or their out-right defeat…heh heh …that would be sweet… :rockin: :lol:

Who's to say the Eastern Conference is going to be easy? I don't think Stamps or Riders are going to be all that great this year.

Keep thinking that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that the Federal Government gives as much support to building a new stadium in Winnipeg as the do to building a new arena in Edmonton, $000,000,000.00 providing Asper does purchase the Bombers.

If the Bombers remain community owned then I would support some public funding for a stadium but I don't think you and I should pay for private enterprize.

People are talking about which division is easier to make the playoffs in as though this is happening tomorrow, basing their opinions on what happened last year. How do we know which division will be the pushover in 2010? In this league teams go from worst to first -- and vice versa -- practically overnight. Sure, the east will have an expansion Ottawa team, but we don't know that Hamilton, Toronto and Montreal will not be the top teams in the league at the turn of the decade.

The Bombers began life as a Western team. Their main rival is a Western team. They are closer to other Western teams than they are to any Eastern team. They belong in the West. Move them back there.

I have a suggestion!

Perhaps this old East-West thing is out-dated. I propose, therefore, that two new divisions be drawn up: North and South. The line of demarcation would be the 49th parallel.

In the North, you'd have BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and the Regina Rugby Club. In the South, you'd have Montreal, Toronto, Hamilton, and Ottawa.

What could be simpler?

I agree papa, it ain’t gonna happen. No way is government going to cough up 67% of the funding for a new privately owned and operated stadium for Asper, nor should they.

The Canad Inn proposal was only seeking 18% in government funding, and would keep the stadium and team publicly owned.

If you were Doer and Toews, and concerned about public perception of who benefits from these funds, which option would you lean towards ?

Looks to me like the Bomber Board backed the wrong horse.