Winnipeg coach Doug Berry fired

Berry is going to make 250k a year sitting on his hands for the next two seasons. After the Bombers wacked Obilovich in the head on the Moreno/Canada deal, do you really think Hamilton is going to bail out the Bombers by picking up some of that? I doubt it. Wouldn’t blame OB one bit either.

He didn’t run that offence, Toni called his own plays and designed it. To say Berry was the brains behind it would be like saying Marinovich has everything to do with Montreal’s offence right now.

Berry is a brutal coach and Winnipeg had one of the most predictable offences in the league.

Who the heck is Cartwright?

I was wondering when someone was going to notice that............

Cartwright is Winnipeg's offensive coordinator (and many Bomber fans find him very offensive).............but what he has to do with this I'll never know.

Thanks, MadJack. You've knocked one question off my daily list. Much appreciated.

Wrong. Calvillo did not ‘design’ that offense, that’s absurd. He thrived in it but it is not a coincidence that our offense dropped off the year after Berry left and it was just Kevin Strasser as O.C. Berry is also a former O-line coach who could bring a lot of expertise to your O-line unit.

Berry is a brutal coach and Winnipeg had one of the most predictable offences in the league.
Blame Cartwright, not Berry. Don't let Berry's shortcomings as a head coach blind you to his ability in other areas of football.