Winnipeg blue bombers grey cup

i think that the Argos are not going to win the grey cup in Regina
and Winnipeg blue bombers are going for the 3 peat

1 Like

I think that too !.. Welcome to the forum. I’m a relative newcomer too.

Well I'm not a newcomer to either CFL fandom or this forum. And that's what's causing me concern. The Toronto Argonauts have never lost a Grey Cup Game to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers:

11 December 1937 - Winnipeg 3 at Toronto 4
10 December 1938 - Winnipeg 7 at Toronto 30
1 December 1945 - Winnipeg 0 at Toronto 35
30 November 1946 - Winnipeg 6 at Toronto 28
29 November 1947 - Winnipeg 9 at Toronto 10
25 November 1950 - Winnipeg 0 at Toronto 13

But the Argonauts this year won't have home field advantage. Will this be the crucial factor jeopardizing their win streak?

:question:

1 Like

I like your thinking!
And @Balticfox : I didn’t realize all those games were played in Toronto. But considering that the most recent was over 70 years ago, it really has zero impact on tomorrow!

If I didn’t take all factors into consideration including history, I wouldn’t be such a fearsome Fantasy (and now Blitz Picks) player.

But there’s additional reason for concern too. The Toronto Argonauts haven’t lost a Grey Cup Game in 35 years and now have a six game winning streak going:

29 November 1987 - Edmonton 38 Toronto 36 at Vancouver
24 November 1991 - Toronto 36 Calgary 21 at Winnipeg
24 November 1996 - Toronto 43 Edmonton 37 at Hamilton
16 November 1997 - Toronto 47 Saskatchewan 23 at Edmonton
21 November 2004 - Toronto 27 British Columbia 19 at Ottawa
25 November 2012 - Toronto 35 Calgary 22 at Toronto
26 November 2017 - Toronto 27 Calgary 24 at Ottawa

The Argonauts seem to save their best for Grey Cup Games. As a result no team has won more Grey Cups since 1987 than have the Toronto Argonauts!

So can even the mighty 2022 Winnipeg Blue Bombers snap the Argos’ winning streak?

:question:

1 Like

I'm no newcomer to the CFL and those stats about the argos mean nothing.

GO BOMBERS !!!!!!!!

1 Like

Agreed. Another stat is that Collaros is 6-0 in the playoffs for the Bombers. That also means nothing but I put more stock in that than in totally different Argo teams beating other teams in the past.

1 Like

Totally different? I disagree. It's still the Blue Bombers against the Argonauts. It's still the Blue and Gold against the Double Blue. It's a team sport and whichever team wears their colours more proudly and thus toughs it out to win the Cup will prevail. That's what Canadian football has been about for more than a century and that's what it will still come down to today.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

My advice to Blue Bomber fans today. Stay off the sauce and concentrate on the game!

:wink:

1 Like

I look at three things for success; Experience, Talent and Coaching. The Bombers have all three in spades.

And probably three Grey Cups in a row
WINNIP3G

2 Likes

Focus! That's going to be the key. I want all Blue Bomber fans to be fully focused on the game rather than being passed out drunk in some snow bank. So stay off the sauce.

I've had my pregame meal of rotini with marinara sauce and mushrooms to give me the slow release energy I'm going to need to maintain my focus for four quarters.

:slightly_smiling_face:

For me the play that killed us was at 7.08 of the 4th. We're on our own 38 and it is 2nd and 7. So instead of throwing a screen or into the flat or even wide run by Brady, what do we do, we throw sixteen yards down the centre and it goes incomplete. Now we have to punt it away and Tor returns it a good chunk and they end up on our 31. then our D fell apart.
Toronto didn't win this game so much as we lost it !

1 Like

Many plays that left me ??
Zach often had the wrong read and left guys open to throw somewhere else.
Did not like his game today.

2 Likes

Groan. A threepeat for Canadian Coach Michael O'Shea slipped through the Bombers' fingers. And both the Grey Cup streaks of the Toronto Argonaus have now reached seven.

:unamused:

1 Like

It’s not just me, I have seen this time and time again, the team that wins all the awards loses the GC game. I honestly thought this year would be different because we were such a strong team.
And yes I saw several times where Zach had a guy open and didn’t toss the ball to him.

The Argos just outplayed the Bombersand deserved the win

3 Likes

Sure. Why not. It could’ve gone either way but in the end a courageous effort by Toronto’s defence and one Henoc Muamba proved too much for our offence to overcome today.

1 Like

The missing link ?

Can’t agree on that one. It could have gone either way easily. One point game that was on the kicker’s foot. Neither team outplayed the other. Both had good and poor plays and either team could have won.

1 Like