Winning is everything.

Bob,
Is there any way you can convince Dan Rambo to take over at GM?

Been a TC fan for 30 years. I have a pretty good grasp on what frustration and disappointment is.

Your a stand up guy Bob…

Wow, some real cry babies on this thread.

Remember: the sweet is not as sweet without the sour.

It felt pretty good winning the Cup in 1999, after all those years of poor teams (and for years thinking we may not even get to have a team). That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, but it wouldn't have been so had the years prior not been so hopeless.

How good do you think it felt for the Red Sox to win the World Series after all those years?

So yeah, we've had some bad years. One of these years, God willing next year, we'll appreaciate winning all the more when we are finally back as a force in the league.

I just don't see the logic in the attitude of some of the posters. If you want to suggest improvements go ahead... but why the anger with a guy that's already admitted fault and that the 'buck stops here'?

We'll get there, eventually, I'm sure.

sigh! I just hope its really is sincere!We will see!

awe shucks bob i sure feel sorry for you now.if this team really belongs to the fans and your just the caretaker prove it by opening the books and show us that you have been maxing out the cap and losing money.time to be a man BOB.GO AHEAD MAKE US EAT OUR WORDS.I DARE YOU

Thanks for your post, Bob.
However, winning is not quite everything.
Putting the right people in the right positon...so that you can have a winning team, is everything.
And for the past several years, for reasons unknown, the Cats continue to fall far short, of this target.
Hiring coaches without recent CFL experiance, or assistant coaches without any CFL experiance..is nothing short of "suicide".
Yet...
Why do these things, still continue to happen to the Cats.
Taaffe took over a very good team in Montreal, surrounded by very good people. After leaving to the U.S. in " coaching " Charlie at best was only, average. And to allow him to bring in assistant's without any CFL experiance ???
Like I said........."suicide".
You could sign 15 or 20 Casey Printers, to play for the Cats....and with these guys, you will get pretty much the outcome of this year.
Spend the money...to bring experianced coaches and staff to the Cats.
And the "Winning" will follow.
Until then...it will be a never ending circle of shit.

Cheers, Bob.
All the Best. :thup:

my nom de plume revealed,curse you ockham.

Ahhhh, the sweet and sour philosphy of life. I think it’s attributable to Confucious (or was it my last fortune cookie?). :slight_smile:

Point made though.

An Argo-Cat fan

Bob 1st of all
Thank you for Coming out here and Speaking to us. Thank you.

2nd I understand you want to win .
we all do

3rd The Price hike I don't agree with.

4th I will Speak my Mind in Posts here and my Blog

5th I will Support the team somewhere in Stadium. I hope back in Box J

6th Please keep up Caretaker updates

Winning is not everything ,its the only thing!

“Winning is not everything - but making the effort to win is."

and that is why this team can’t sit still

If at first you [your hires] don’t succeed

Try [hire somebody else]

Try [hire somebody else]

and try again! [hire somebody else]

Here’s the problem with opening the books: We are asking our sponsors and corporate partners to make multi-year investments in their relationship with the Ticats.

If we “open the books” and show the world that we are not making money it provides a reason for these corporate sponsors not to sign multi-year deals with the team for fear the team won’t be around in future to honor the deal.

A big part of why Ottawa does not have a team was due to the bad publicity about the money the Renegades were losing. No one would sign Sponsorship deals with them for fear they were going out of business. Which of course caused them to go out of business. This is the definition of a “self-fulfilling prophecy”.

So you will not see us “open the books” until we have good financial news to brag about. In the meantime I’m quite sincere when I say the Tiger-Cats are looking forward to the day they have to pay income taxes again. :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

Please don’t take these requests seriously Bob. Although we are all fans, those that continuously lament over the profitability of the team probably can’t balance their own cheque books. Why then do they feel entitled to see the books of a private business they just happen to have an interest in? Could they run the team any better?

But we “the fans” have enough know how to dish out our hard worked dollars for many years buddy! Seventeen for me how many for you?Probrally not as much because you are a motor mouth!

Again bad form :thdn: :thdn:

I’m positive we’re not that far away from competing for the eastern conference. We’ve finally got the qb situation settled for the first time in four years. A couple db’s and a couple new receivers will help tremendously.
As long as the team does what it can to turn this franchise around, I’ll keep the faith.
Stay positive Bob, it’s rubbing off on the Cat nation. :cowboy:

Yep, Lancaster turned a 1-17 team into a 9-9 team so I’m confident Obi wan or whoever can come in and take a team that has twice as much talent as that 1-17 team had and turn them into a Grey cup team for next year. When you have Printers at q.b the goal has to be a grey cup, anything less should be considered a failure.

Because you shell out your hard earned money doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to see a private business “books” Unless you are a share holder you have no business seeing them.

You are a consumer. It’s your choice to spend your money where you see fit. It’s not the responsibilty of the businees to open their books to the general public.

Was there ever a Ti-Cat owner who has made a single dollar running the Cats?

No!

As posters have stated many times on other threads .....

give your head a shake!!!!!!