Windsor Star article on Tommy Grant

Courtesy of Drew, here's an article on former TiCat Tommy Grant.

As a lead up to winning 4 Grey Cups as a member of the Tiger Cats

in high school a Patterson Collegiate Institute in Windsor Ontario

Tommy Grant won 28 WSSA and WOSSA track and field medals.

As a senior, he captained Patterson to the WOSSA football title

and the all-Ontario basketball crown.[b] He was the first athlete to earn all-city honours

for 3 straight years on both the gridiron and the hardwood.[/b] On the football field,

they called Grant the Windsor Flash, leading what many feel

was the greatest dynasty in Windsor high-school football,

going 21-0 and winning three successive titles from 1951-53.

and he could have had a career in major league baseball.

Grant, who today calls Burlington, Ont. home, signed with the Detroit Tigers in 1955

and played minor-pro ball for a season before joining the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1956.

“When the Tiger-Cats signed me, they said, 'We're going to use you right away,'? Grant remembered.

“I thought it over and I thought, 'It's a long climb from C ball to big-league ball.'

And then you don't know if you're ever going to make it.

“You don't want to play in the minor leagues for five or six years. I thought,

'In football, I'm going to be playing right off the bat.' That's what made me go to football.?

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Winds ... z1P5kG2WGd

Hopefully people from the Windsor respect TG and their own history. Great reads, :thup:

Tommy Grant had a great set of hands(Stala like). He was obviously a remarkable athlete!

8) When Tommy and Garney Henley were team mates back in the 60's, it was always a highly contested issue as to which
   one was the fastest player.

Tommy once told me that he was the fastest one, but added, don't tell Garney I said that !!!   <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> 

Without a doubt, Tommy Grant had blazing speed in those days, along with great hands, making him almost impossible
    for any DB to cover him one on one !!