Willy on board for Jade

I don't see this as much of an upgrade. Willy is completely unproven and the Bummers will most likely be the doormats of the league next year. That's right I said it, worse than Ottawa!

Glad to have Willy on board. Sorry to see Etienne leave but he wasn't used much after his concussion, leading me to believe they were worried about his ability to take hits. Look for a couple of receivers to be drafted this year, one of which will likely start immediately. Now that the QB spot has been addressed (don't waste money on Glenn), time to work on that non-import group (o-line especially) so that Willy has an opportunity to survive the season. Feel good about the people running the team for a change; the future actually looks bright these days. :smiley:

Ottawa, who currently has nothing but essentially rookies for their secondary, LBs, and receivers. But you have Henry ‘the Messiah’ Burris, so there’s that. LOL. Burris will turnover more balls (INT and fumbles)next year than TDs. He will be as good for them as Danny Briere has been for the Habs.

The most promising thing about Willy is his completion percentage and TD to Int ratio. He has been consistently at 65 percent or above his four years starting at Buffalo and his two years with the Riders. I would not be surprised that over the long run he ends up being a better CFL QB than Collaros.

Fans in Sask are loving this deal, what does that tell you. Way to give up good Canadian talent on an unproven QB that you coulda signed as a FA in five days. But I love how all the Bummer brass speaks of the deal like willy is the guy they wanted, ya the guy they wanted behind Collaros and Burris.

How is it you can receive oxygen to your brain when your head is firmly implanted up your ass? :roll:

Rider fans are the biggest nuthuggers in pro sports. They use to lick the manure from Hanks cowboy boots and when he left town he became a chump. :cowboy:

They remind me of Jim Carey’s nuthugger fan character in Ace.

https://www.fasinfrankvintage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/dolpnins-snapback-ace-ventura-e1322597550552.jpg

Not commenting on the nonsense in this post or some of the replies but Sask fans should be pleased getting Etienne. Both teams came out well on this one.

Jade and the Green team were made for each other. :smiley:

…We just took away the chance that he might not be available… AND what did we give up…a fa receiver who was rumoured to be going to sask. anyway…for a qb. with a lot of potential…Jade was failing badly in our line-up and quite frankly I don’t think he’s going to be the same ,after almost being beheaded in a game last year…He seemed a little gun shy to me after that hit…BUT he could prove me wrong and go on to be the next Dressler…We shall see…Like most trades the jury is out and won’t report till the season gets underway… :wink:

…‘nut hugger’…you just kill me sometimes hfxtc :lol: :lol:

You took the words out of my mouth Papa. Snap gave him a good one too. HfxTC, way to go and I believe you were on the Willy bandwagon all along, weren’t you ?..It seems no matter what this team does, there are critics !

Could be a good one for years to come, glad they just went out and got it done, Walters is learning on the fly.

The few games I seen him play at Buffalo and the two games he started for the Riders, I really liked his demeanor, he’s a classic QB in the mole of Danny Mac and Calvillo. I like how he stands tall in the pocket. his mechanics are sound, his back stays strong and his arm does the work when he pushes the ball downfield, he does not give away where he’s going with the ball (good peripheral vision). All he needs is game experience. The year with Cortez can’t hurt and if Danny can spend some time with him and they don’t panic and play musical chair with him. Put him in let him learn. I think you guys will be pretty happy. I’d look at getting a short yardage QB to split the load. I’d sign this guy.

[url=http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-jared-lorenzen-20140204,0,1661525.story]http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow ... 1525.story[/url]

Personally, I think Goltz is one of the best short yardage QB's in the league. That part of his game was one of the few bright spots last season.

Forgot about him… :thup:

Lorenzen should follow the lead of another Jared and start eating some Subway......

Think about it. you could go on third and on maybe two from anywhere on the field and he could find some players for you in the off season. He can throw it pretty good too.

Frankly I'd like to see Brink back here in a backup role and the short yardage guy. He was money in short yardage and has played some that he could spell Willy if need be. Price would be right and he's a character team guy too. I'm not sure what his chances of staying on the Als roster are through training camp and I doubt he'd be brought back regardless. Goltz would be my 2nd choice right now, but he's still too green IMO to be an effective option off the bench if needed in case of injury or struggles. Of course, things change. Walter and co may have a new face or two on the roster in the next while here that could fit that role.

Man, Lorenzen's gotten huge. But he looks like he could be tough to bring down. AFL is his speed though, doesn't have to move much sideline to sideline.

Maybe so, but his meal allowance alone would put the Bombers over the salary cap! :lol: