Williams settlement

[url]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-announce-settlement-with-chris-williams[/url]

[i]Ticats.ca Staff

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the CFL, the CFLPA and Chris Williams have reached a settlement of all outstanding matters.

Effective immediately, Mr. Williams is free to attempt to sign with an NFL team. Should Mr. Williams decide that he wants to play in the CFL for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, he has entered into an agreement to play for Hamilton.[/i]

Breaking news...

[url]AM900 CHML | Hamilton News

There’s been a settlement between the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the CFL, the CFLPA and Chris Williams.

A release from the team says “effective immediately Mr. Williams is free to attempt to sign with an NFL team.

Should Mr. Williams decide that he wants to play in the CFL for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, he has entered into an agreement to play for Hamilton.?

Earlier this season, an arbitator’s decision that Williams was not a free agent, and remained the property of the Tiger-Cats was overturned.

Williams did not show up for Tiger-Cats training camp this season.

Do we really need the prima donna back?

Darn you, you JerkFaceLoser, you ninja’d me by one minute…

:x grrrrrr......

I for one, hope he flops down south.

An Argo-Cat fan

The CFL sure knows how to kick themselves in the teeth. They’ve just created a precedent that allows teams to cut loose players and bring them back bypassing the waiver rules, protection lists and free agency all for one malcontent that dragged the league through the courts and embarrassed them. Way to go Ticats ! :rockin:

So if he comes back, does he have to sign a 1+1 contract with the Cats?(Cats hold his rights for 2014)
With a new CBA in the works for 2014 maybe the club option year will be abolished.
We will see how soon he is picked up by an NFL team now!

According to the rules, he has to be released and clear waivers.

i hope we never see this guy again.

According to this statement, there is an agreement for the Cats hold his rights for 2013 and 2014

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the CFL, the CFLPA and Chris Williams have reached a settlement of all outstanding matters.

"Effective immediately, Mr. Williams is free to attempt to sign with an NFL team. Should Mr. Williams decide that he wants to play in the CFL for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, he has entered into an agreement to play for Hamilton"[/b]

I would like him back.

If he comes back to the CFL I want him in Hamilton.

I wish him luck with his NFL aspirations. He's an incredibly talented player. If he doesn't find what he's looking for in the NFL I for one would love to see him in a Cats uniform again. He's the WR deep threat and kick return dynamo that we just don't have right now.

I agree completely with Glovesave.

I would like to see return of the option year window where players can go try their luck in the nfl. but with 1 change the player returns to original cfl team no matter how long he is in the nfl.

IMHO with Williams in our lineup this year we would have had at least 2 more wins at this point of the season.
Our kick return game and ability to stretch defenses has been very noticeable without him.
Don't get me wrong, I do not like how this was handled by Williams, I feel he should have played, but,
I also do not like the fact that they have found it impossible to replace his speed and offense!

well the 2013 season is nearing it's end, giving the Cats just one more season to recoup Williams who will likely be on an NFL PR or alternate in 2014.
Not a great deal for the Cats IMO.

and I just don't see the benefit of this deal to the league or the CFLPA when it sets a precedent for others with NFL aspirations to breach binding contracts with the blessing of the CFL club.

It will be interesting to see if this will be a topic of contention in the new CBA negotiations..

What the............?????? So I'm out running around doing errands and such when I pop into Eastgate Square for a little lunch.I no sooner sit down in front of one of the video news monitors they have hanging from the ceiling,when across the ticker comes.....Chris Williams and Cats agree to contract,end holdout!!!!! Well let me tell ya I damn near spit my burger halfway across the food court,so is he going to play or just what is the current situation???This come right outta left field,I'm sure that NO ONE expected this,I'm kinda shocked about it,I mean is it like the little kid who pulled a tantrum and ran away from home,but decided to come back when Grandma's cookies ran out,or what???? :?

Effective immediately, Mr. Williams is free to attempt to sign with an NFL team. Im pretty sure you wont see him back. Have a feeling he will be picked up now by a NFL team!
They should have listened to Bruce13thMan months ago when I called this at that time!
ILL BE THE 1st ONE TO SHAKE HIS HAND AND WELCOME HIM BACK if he does end up coming back to the Cats!

[url=http://m.soundcloud.com/am900chml/chris-williams-is-free-to-sign?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter]http://m.soundcloud.com/am900chml/chris ... um=twitter[/url]

Interview with Matt Holmes on CHML.

Wow, after listening to that I don't really get the warm fuzzy sense that he will be back if things don't work out in the NFL.

If the Cats didn't make this deal, Williams' could have just allowed his contract to expire and become an unrestricted free agent prior to the 2014 season, regardless of his grievance with the Cats. I think Chris was the one who finally became highly motivated to make a deal, as this creates the opportunity for him to potentially join an NFL team this season instead of being forced to wait until the start of next season. Even if Williams thought he could win a legal battle over this, the wheels would turn too slowly for him to catch on with the NFL this year.

Non-mobile version:

[url=http://www.900chml.com/2013/10/02/williams-can-go-to-the-nfl/]http://www.900chml.com/2013/10/02/willi ... o-the-nfl/[/url]