Williams Demoted

Here is what I think is happening.
With Danny Mac taking more of an Offensive responsibility, he prob sees a lot more upside from Porter. Being a drop-back passer, this is his game.
If we need running, we should use Lumsden, Caulley, & Smith effectively.
No need for another runner, if he is a QB.
It is the PASSING game that needs improvement, as nonone yet has hit the magic 300 yd game this season.
If you watched last game, when Porter was in - Bauman was WIDE open heading for the end-zone. Had Porter seen him, it was 6 points.
We need more of these types of plays.

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:
8) Unless Marcel is being told to make this move !! That certainly would not surprise at this point.
 In reality, I think they do have to get a serious look at Porter in meaningful game situations, and not in just a mop up role  !!

Do you actually think the Marcel would say NO, if he was told to make Porter #2  ???

His job is on the line also.

Ray Mariuz already said on CHML that all the players are looking over their shoulders now in anticipation of losing their jobs  !!!         <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

HfxTC:

On the contrary. This stuff should have been dealt with by Charlie earlier in the season. Good for Marcel B for doing what has to be done. A few of us liked what we saw of Porter in his brief pre-season play and posted to that effect. We got shouted down in short order by some of the experts here. Seems to me Marcel B must have seen something in Porter too.
It was just like Ritchie Williams. The coaches (or maybe just Charlie) put him in out desperation when Chang showed he did not have it and were completely surprised about how well he moved the ball and how comfortable he was running the offence. Chang should have been gone in the off season. This past two seasons has been a sad tale of waiting far too long to take action on important stuff and now look at us.
I give Marcel credit for what he is doing with the QB’s. Now he needs to develop some on-field attitude with this team…which up until now has been defined by confusion and inconsistency.
I sure as hell hope we can end this season with some semblance of pride for a change.

How come for the last 5 years, towards the end of the season, all we seem do is "get looks" at talent...Then that talent proceeds to "shit the bed" next season...then repeat...

Oh thats right we stink....

Well at least he appears to have some damn team spirit which seems like a helluva lot more than some players these days.
It seems to me like everyone wants off this supposedly sinking ship. Can we get a couple of players who will stand up and say “Succeed or Die Tryin”?

I not quite sure how Richie can be called a “winner”.

As far as I remember, Casey beat the Argos once, and Richie beat them once.

Last year, if I recall, he split time with Casey in a win against Calgary,and beat the Esks in November.

Stats can be deceiving…I remember Richies best game this year stat wise vs. the Als in Montreal…

He looked dazed and confused for 3/4’s, in the last quarter he put up two big drives against an Als defense who were playing the deepest prevent D that I have ever seen.

Richie would be an idea backup for a strong dropback starter like Danny Mac in his prime…basically he is an RB who happens to throw the ball a bit.

qb tafralis his arm is huge He is stronger and faster than most he throwsdeep routes and sideline very well,and runswell

I’m sold.

Put him in.

What exactly as Wms. done not to be "demoted"?
Lost in the Printers hate-fest last week is Wms. did zip too.

I concur with the idea of letting Porter be our #2 QB this week. The idea of seeing what this guy can do under fire, appeals to me.
The team is behaving like the season is a write off anyway, so let the experiments begin.

I'd like to add my two cents here. I agree too much is being made of this "who's #2 and who"s #3" crap. We need to at some point in these remaining games, look at what we've got. Yes...I like Richie, he seems to be able to motivate the team...somewhat. But we're still only 2 and 8.

And I know that I'm going to take flack for this but...I hope some people do not demand Porters expulsion from the team if he fails miserably on Saturday (if or when he even gets to play against the Esks). I still believe that Chang could have developed well as a QB but was thrown under the bus against the Argos last year and since then, was never given another meaningful chance. Sure...he played in an exhibition game...and did quite well. And he did connect in a game with Brock Ralph for a long major in one other game.

So, it should be interesting to see what happens if Porter gets to play. And it will be very interesting to see how everyone reacts to his playing. Will he succedd or fail? Will he be given more slack then Chang? or will people here be ready to drive him out of town and line up Trafalis as the next sacrifice.

Your two wins out of a playoff spot, not the time to run exibition games. We'll see.

Personaly I haven’t seen anything out of Porter that makes me understand why he’s on the roster.

For such a big guy he sure didn’t throw the ball with much zip against BC.

I think Williams is over rated by many in Tiger Town. He’s been a decent back-up but I don’t see the long term potential others do in him.

#1...#2...or #3...who cares?

It's a team effort! Whoever has the hot hand is going to lead this team.

LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! :rockin:

I've seen enough of Williams to know this;

1. Weak arm strength
  2. Doesn't read defences well
  3. Starts to look for the run way too soon
  4. No serious pocket presence

Give Porter a chance as long as it doesn't put the game in jeopardy.

Williams would make good trade bait. Let him go. I'm convinced that he will not be a strong starter in this league.

Quinton Porter will have the same learning curve
as all other QBs have getting used to CFL football.

An advantage he might have is his high intelligence.

His learning curve may not be
as steep as some have had

but, IMO, and Wally Buono's, QBs
need a year on the practice roster

before they get even a sniff
of regular season competition

unless injuries dictates it.

If Marcel ever starts him this year,

he won't have the disadvantage
of starting on Labour Day

like that bum Timmy Chang [sarcasm]

who also didn't get a year
on the practice roster.

P.S.

If Obie is pulling the strings
on Quinton Porter moving to # 2

against Marcel Bellefeuille's will

he has guaranteed him he will be
retained as Head Coach next year

which I am sure Obie
is too smart to do.

This move is not for the short term..

Look for a shake up with the QB's soon.

If Casey doesn't show up for this game things may start to happen.

I would like to think they are looking to see if Printers might be expendable. They want to find out if Porter will be good enough to combine with Williams. Thats my hope anyhow.

I would bet the house that if Casey doesn't come through this game....it's adios for him.
My own opinion of him is that he is a prima donna. He has nowhere the heart that Richie has. He is been givin a chance to prove himself tomorrow night. No more excuses...thumb should be okay by now...he'd better fish or cut bait.
I would bet it'll be Richie and Porter the rest of the way...and me thinks the team would be far better for it. :cowboy: