Will you watch the XFL on TSN

I feel about the same but would watch any given upcoming EPL or Champions League or FA soccer over the next six weeks, then western conference NHL, then XFL this time of year.

I am not surprised at the lack of viewing options for the last three weeks, for again apparently the entire media complex cleared the calendar and delayed new programming due to the Super Bowl and also as if the winter Olympics were this year. >:(

That is all the more reason I ditch cable TV in April too.

No doubt more dink and dunk boring offense by Trestman with his horrible play calling.

After I praise the league then NY-TB turns into a dog of a match. lol

How do you feel about Glanville being a TB coach?

Yes that Tampa Bay team does suck. It’s only the first game though.

That goes for the coverage too as opposed to yesterday - whoever at Fox recommended more sideline interviews today ought be fired early tomorrow morning.

How many more XFL games like this steaming hot one near NYC before it dies like the AAF?

Go figure the weather today is like November instead of April, but what happens when the rains hit as they have on most days since September?

Once the CFL season ends I start paying closer attention to the OHL, AHL and Usport hockey and basketball. The XFL won’t act to change my existing habits.

:wink:

Here for example is what makes for a difficult proposition for the XFL now.

Opposite the game in Arlington TX on cable:

Six Nations Rugby
Major League Rugby
NBA game
College basketball
Drag racing

Now I know unless you are into one of those, like rugby like me, there is not much there but the potential sports viewing audience will be split greatly.

One week after the Super Bowl, I do not believe even many diehards are in withdrawal.

This St. Louis at Dallas game so far is only good for scouting defensive players.

the XFL has much better production than the CFL which makes me very salty to be honest

Dunno what happended but today’s game were/are boring. Only good thing is the Renegades motorbikes at the beginning and the fact that their starting QB is an instagram model.

What do you enjoy more…the boring announcers or the increased sideline/field interviews? TSN coverage of the CFL is much better than this unwatchable product.

only got to see the last quarter of the second game. I wanted ST L to win so it was good for me.

looking forward to next week.

1st game averaged 3.3 million viewers edging out the AAF opener last year. Granted the later was in prime time so not a bad number to start XFL Part II.

Not bad football at all. I like the kick off rules.

We'll see how week 2 fares.

The true test will be as the season goes on for both attendance and TV numbers.

I think you’ll see a similar kick off rule for the NFL & CFL in the not too distant future.

Been watching to see future candidates for the CFL and there are some early front runners (at least one of whom was/is on a Neg list)

Average attendance all between 17 and 18K.

AAF had 2 games over 20K (San Antonio closer to 30) for their openers last year. I wonder how much being in NFL cities has something to do with it. Curious to see how the first game in St. Louis does.

That is some remarkable consistency in attendance across two different broad regions.

Two games were in Texas, which this time of year has milder weather anyway.

The other two were in NYC and DC Metro respectively, which this time of year are normally under snow or rain. Lately for example, it has rained almost every day this year here in Greater Philadelphia.

The weather was great football weather like November this weekend much like it appears today after rain overnight.

The real test will be when the rain and snow hit for future home games in the Northeast or a blizzard in the area of St. Louis even though they play indoors.

Interestingly, one venue in each of the two regions was an NFL venue and the increased capacity made zero difference in attendance for those games.

Maybe the XFL has found its attendance ceiling at about 18K for the regular season? Can that work for a football league?

An average first division soccer side would have a hard go with only about that amount in attendance regularly. The exception might be in a far smaller market than any of these in the XFL.

I like this kickoff rule so far too. The only change I would make would be not to award touchbacks with so much yardage and move the touchback back to the 20.

This gives the returner far more incentive to return the kick.

The previous rule in the NFL to kickoff from the 30 was fine. Now simply adjust the starting line and timing for players on return teams.

I also would place the players 5 or 10 yards apart, at the election of the return team as announced to the referee a certain time prior to the play or by line-up (no shifts allowed), so as to open up a bit of strategy with no real additional risk.

The video part of the production is outstanding.

The announcers are mixed.

The player and coach microphones are generally annoying, but apparently that’s the trend more in coverage of football and maybe I am in the dwindling minority. You too TSN you dorks!

The sideline reporting generally blows and attempts to function as boring filler and hype yet makes boring games worse akin to ESPN’s coverage of boring college football games.

That is remarkable they all are at the 17 k mark .

Maybe a few freebies ?

Tapped out at 18 K and had a few no shows .

Noticed they are a heavy male audience .

Not sure I saw a woman or even a kid in the crowd for the few bits I watched .

I hated the sideline reporting and felt it was a big distraction .

What are you getting from the player or coach other than the typical response so they can continue to concentrate on the game being played . Hope they can it quickly .