Will Women Ever Get To Play in the CFL?

Interesting point

On the one hand under all equality rules etc there is nothing preventing a female from playing in the CFL
Heck we HAVE had females play in other pro leagues (remember Manon Rheaume? She actually played for the Tampa Bay Lightning in an exhibition NHL game)

I think more people are terrified though that not having a gender line will phase more women out of sports in general than help the elite female athletes get paid equal to male counterparts though

So it will be unlikely to go mainstream ever

1 Like

Mixed league CFL hmmmm .

I once watched Jennifer Marlowe win a softball game for WKRP .

Bailey Quarters held her own that day .

If they can make WPIG pay for their taunts to MOOSE ( Mr Carlson ) count me in on women playing for my Redblacks .

2 Likes

Ah the age old questions-

Bailey or Jennifer?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Wilma or Betty?

3 Likes

Jennifer

Mary Ann

Betty

2 Likes

Fine choices. Iā€™m with you except Bailey.

I had a feeling you were a Bailey guy .

You are not alone she had something going on with the glasses .

Sabrina, Kelly, Jill (original)

Kris, Tiffany, Julie (replacements)

Dorathy, Rose, Blanche

Blair, Jo

Kelly, Jesse

Pulling out the Golden Girls. I love it. This could get more interesting than the weekly CFL picks.

Yeah, if a woman can throw an out route on a rope, or win a jump ball in the corner of the end zone, I'll take her on my team. Why not.

The LFL is the cat's pajamas, btw. Do yourself a favor, and go to one of their games. Good times.

I find that I worry watching the women play contact sports with each other. Just dont like to see women getting hurt. What is to become of me

I wish them well in their endeavors but.....

Bailey
Mary Anne
Bettyā€¦none of whom could make it in the CFL.
Maybe Barney Rubble could if he identified as a woman.
He would join the ranks of all of the great linewomen in the history of football.

Hey Paul
Good to hear from you again brother. Hope all is ok with you. i see you still have that sense of humour.

1 Like

Thanx s. Appreciate that. I just hope that the poster realizes that ā€œillegal procedureā€ is just a penality and not a condemnation of a life choice.

2 Likes

you mean like when doc removes the wrong part on purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the way the Red blacks are losing on a regular basis, they need all the help they can get.

1 Like

I understand completely but weā€™re talking about a league where there are no (correction 1) female game officials and No black officials none.

There is a women coaching at mcmaster who is hoping to use coaching at mcmaster as a springboard to coach in the cfl . I could see a women coaching in cfl one day considering nfl has a few women coaches now and hopefully more women officials, playing i doubt it

1 Like

To put it politely......

flip a coin. The level of ridiculousness we are experiencing these days seems to be limitless. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if it was made mandatory some day.
Hopefully not. Itā€™s a silly question.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to add, if there were a woman talented enough, why not.
Lockerroom logistics might be a challenge.

1 Like