Will Women Ever Get To Play in the CFL?

I am an American who regularly listens to CFL broadcasts across the Internet. I am gravely disappointed that not one woman is on a CFL roster. If anything, women can be as great quarterbacks, kickers or even linewomen as the men. Is there news anywhere of a woman trying out for one of the ten teams (after the Atlantic Schooners are added)? When it comes to equal rights, we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

" Gravely disappointed " hey? That's rough.

2 Likes

I don not see many "male" professional leagues that have females on their teams. I do not believe that it is purely a gender issue. If a female was the best athlete/person for a particular position, then I think they would be considered. Generally speaking females do not have the musculature or stature that the males have and have to compete directly against males. they would be smart enough to know the game and excel but could not kick as far, throw as far or generally perform the same acts of strength. I do follow the Regina Riot of the WWCFL. Kid yourself not, this is very good and entertaining football but I would predict lopsided losses ( and potentially some injuries) if they were to play against a University team of the same ages.
The NHL has had at least one woman play in goal for a game. the CFL is employing female officials.

2 Likes

No!

Sarah Fuller, Google her

Really? well we recruit QBs from the NCAA all our QBs are ex-NCAA so as soon as the NCAA produces a woman QB and the NFL doesn't snap her up we could take her

1 Like

Only in a women's league

4 Likes

A woman has already played in the CFL. Have you ever heard of Henry Burris?

4 Likes

Since when is playing on a sports team(In a foreign country no less) a right?

3 Likes

Is there a woman in the WNFC/WFA that you had in mind?

1 Like

It's possible we could see a kicker in our lifetime, but beyond that I really don't see it happening.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100%.

Commissioner Randy Bobandy created roster positions for international players - - there’s even a four round draft - - and he should absolutely do the same for female players.

I’m certain that any woman could have done just as well as Takeru Yamasaki did.

Having women playing in the CFL would be even bigger than having a CFL video game.

1 Like

No way is there a female kicker out there who would be anywhere close to Takeru Yamasaki. Maybe you can get away with a female as your regular kicker at the high school level, but no higher than that.

There is a Canadian FB League for women though.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

3 Likes

Some of those lingerie football ladies can ball

2 Likes

Maybe if they stated a women's version of the CFL, otherwise it seems unlikely and something I think society would generally see as dangerous.

1 Like

You mean Henrietta don't you ? :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I would definitely like to play in this league.

1st and Goal at the 1 yard line would be incredible. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yamasaki was God-awful.

A newborn infant - - regardless of gender - - could not have done any worse.

At least the “global initiative” was good for a few laughs.