Will the Riders trade Bishop to Winnipeg

Tilman is crafty :smiley: . Maybe he saw this as a way of obtaining Bishop for the BlueBombers. TO wouldn't make the trade since its in the same conferance. Maybe Winnipeg gets Bishop for a proven reciever.

No. Unless we want Bishop, and toronto has no interest in trading him within the east. We could have traded Dinwiddie for him, but if Toronto didn't want Dinwiddie and the riders do? I guess that'd make sense.

Who do you think was worse against the Bombers? Bishop in the Eastern Final or Joseph in the Grey Cup?

Absolutely not. I am sure Bishop is now believing he is undisputed number 1 QB of the priders. They will need to do something with the 6 5 other QB's on their roster though and if they do not dump MC by Labor day they are on the hook for his salary for this year. The only trade bait would be Durant. The Bombers might however be in the printers sweeps if he comes available. Why would any one want Bishop who has nothing but space for rent between the ears. LOL

...if i ever see Bishop in bluengold....i'm asking for a mental exam and or IQ test to be done on all Bomber brass...I hope we never see this guy in the Peg....he'll do alright in Regina though :lol:

i agree with you on that papa. but really i see no sence in this trade to begin with. the riders have 3 qb's all of them winning football games, simply because they play nto the system, manage the game, and give the team the chance to win. bishop to me is much more of a self-involved player and will push the ball and do nothing but cause problems. and i don;t at all believe he will be the guarenteed starter in ssk.

....and on top of everything...rumours coming out of Regina is that Bishop WILL get the start on Labour Day ...Crandell will be released and Durant is po'd...IF any of this is factual....You think the Bombers have had problems this year...wait till the other shoe drops on this one... :roll:

lol. goos for bishop. i think starting him labor day will not do them any good. give him a week to learn the system, get a connection with the recievers and running backs, and then throw him into the biggest game of the season next to the grey cup. tat to me is nothing but trouble for the riders.

Bishop has had the advantage of working with Miller and LaPolice in Toronto, and word from practice he has nearly 50 plays ready to go. That and he has already faced the Bombers twice this year versus Rider, which is none of course. Apprently he looked great in practice, showing confidence of a QB that does not have to wonder if his club #1, and he has a chip on his shoulder from T.O.'s chain jerking. He's got something to prove, has the wheels to prove it, and the support of his old coaches now in Riderville.

Could be very, very interesting.

I LOVE the Labour Day classic.......

Good luck and best wishes to the Bombers, no matter what, it's always the game to watch above everyone during the year.

I DO miss Westwood though! :smiley:

And when Milt is done with this game career wise, the league will miss him dearly. I have watched him play this classic in the past and he brings alot of heat to the field. I know when we face for the final time, it will be a sad moment both sides of the ball.

Stop with the milt adieu, please. The guy gets to walk away quietly, as he deserves. . . none of this other stuff. This is how a real bomber fan feels it.

As for Lab day, our kicking game is a joke, and I expect it will rest on it.

And when Milt is done with this game career wise, the league will miss him dearly. I have watched him play this classic in the past and he brings alot of heat to the field. I know when we face for the final time, it will be a sad moment both sides of the ball.

Thanks Neilca for your comments about Milt - I agree. Whatever happens in these next two games lets hope for barnburners that will keep us on the edge of our seats!

There is no milt in Regina. Only the bombers. What Rider pride has anything to do with milt, is only once every year in sask. Please stop acting as though you don't know that.

I'm not sure if anyone knows what you are talking about. I do know Milt is supposed to play and he has fans across the CFL even in Regina. That is what Neilca's point was.

...Milt will be doing his thing in Riderville....annoying the locals and scoring tds.......Stegall is a class act...a fact the opposition recognizes....he will be missed on this Bomber team ...more than a lot of people would like to admit.... :wink:

~.

How did this spin from Bishop to Milt?!?
Just one more example of a bad idea for a thread being salvaged I guess...

Yes, precisely.

But a trade for Bishop giving the riders a Reciever like Milt(useless now anyway or cut him)or Armstrong, cutting Glen and Roberts for Kenton Kieth and Jon Ryan(both nfl cuts) would make your team a contender again.