Will the RedBlacks ever wear the classic Rider Uniforms ?

Right, and that's the OTHER common comment...Not enough red. So they can't really win here...

That 3rd jersey is probably going to be predominantly red so maybe that'll be enough.

Watch them come out with a Lumberjack-plaid-mostly-red jersey with darker red pants :?

[quote="nobackWatch them come out with a Lumberjack-plaid-mostly-red jersey with darker red pants :?
[/quote]
God !!! Please don't let it be so.... Enough with the god awful Lumberjack-plaid motif. Enough pandering to the young crowd and bring in a more traditional style. Hunt relies way too much on the marketing angle. Just give us something we can relate to. Cripes.

For an organization that says it prides itself on recognizing the history of Ottawa football, rolling out classic Rough Riders styled uniforms would prove it. The Renegades had uniforms that were far more a representation of traditional Ottawa uniforms than I have currently seen from Hunt et al. Especially after seeing those plaid B.S. I give them credit they brought back the R and have retired the jerseys,and I really respect the RedBlacks for that but that's about all I've seen. What about bringing out some Rough Riders merchandise and uniforms also ? Why should we have to wait years for something to come out. I always thought that the Riders had the classiest uniforms in the league. Does anyone else have this opinion or am I just obsessed with this and living in a fantasy land. :cowboy:

A little bit from column A,... :wink:

A previous concern of yours was that they would not acknowledge retired numbers and they did. I bought a program at the first game and the bulk of it is about the Cup teams from the late 60's to 1983.

They DO recognize history, but they also are trying to build their own foundation. If you're looking for an honest opinion, your expectation of them in that regard is too great. They're not opening a museum, they're running their own football team and want it firmly established in the community.

I still think there'll be RR merchandise at some point, perhaps when they do the Clair tribute. And when they do make it available they'll make an event out of it, just like they did with these Signature jerseys. Like the numbers thing, just because we're not seeing it now doesn't mean it isn't in the works.

Agreed, they have had a lot to contend with. I may be pushing pre-maturely for Rider uniforms, but, those plaid helmets really pushed me over the edge. I do think they have done their best despite all the challenges. :slight_smile:

Oh, I know. I had the same reaction when the name was announced. I couldn't believe they would go THAT much against the grain despite all the negative opinions offered beforehand.

But at the end of the day, some people seem to like it and no one is putting a gun to my head to buy it (which is good, 'cause I might choose the bullet). Some NFL teams have worn some brutal throwback and alternates and everyone seems to understand they're just oddities so I'm not too worried about it for the RedBlacks.

Are you on Twitter? I think it was Kierrie Johnson who went off on them. Really doesn't like them. You rarely get that kind of honesty, so I hope he doesn't get in trouble for it. :oops:

Are you on Twitter? I think it was Kierrie Johnson who went off on them. Really doesn't like them. You rarely get that kind of honesty, so I hope he doesn't get in trouble for it. :oops:
Yeah I noticed he did't liked it, but at the end, he said that he will "make it look better" :P

Funny guy

Been playing around with these, and here's a version that uses the vintage 'double-stripe', which is a classic Rough Rider look, and yet is still unmistakably Redblack. The red numbers on the black jersey have too little contrast to read them clearly from any distance, but I really like the red numbers on the white jersey. Also, socks that are the same colour as the pants is a terrible look. Need to break it up a bit!

http://renegadenation.ca/files/home17_410.png

Those uniforms look great !!!! That's the type of style that I'm talking about. :thup: :thup: :thup:

give it a rest

What's your problem ? Why bother even replying if you have nothing positive to add. And then you go and retrieve an old string. Instead of posting a snide remark, why not just mind your own business.