Will the Lions do a memorial for Joe Kapp?

I hope they do something. The Hamilton game in late August would be a good time I think

1 Like

Not sure about the game vs Hamilton, but it would be nice to see happen at some point.

I can’t think of a better game given our history. Great photo btw. who are we looking at? Not even sure of the team.

Don Luzzi with Calgary chasing Kapp.

1 Like

Luzzi even chased down fans. lol

1 Like

They should. Joe Kapp was important to the CFL. One of the great character players I glommed onto as a fairly young fan. Even followed him into the NFL when he worked for the Vikings.
Didn’t like the hijinx he caused w/ Angela Mosca but I understand Mosca tried to kill Joe’s great running back Willy Fleming way back when. Joe always carried an ax to grind on Angela. Angela always carried an ax - especially after he got trained up to be a wrestling character who lies, cheats & threatens people for a living!

:sunglasses: I believe Mr. Mosca’s first name is Angelo…not Angela :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Another nice one of Kapp with Mosca.

1 Like
1 Like

If the club ever does a proper Kapp tribute this should be unfurled as a banner. It’s very evocative. “Us” vs “Them.” Character. Protecting teammates. I just love it.

1 Like

I don’t know if the respective teams would welcome this idea, but week 10 CGY at BC would be a chance for both of Kapp’s CFL teams to honor him. While he isn’t as big a part of CGY history, it might be a possibility to consider.

1 Like

Never thought of the Calgary connection.

Still think the Grey Cup fight in Vancouver was memorable.

Kapp still could throw a haymaker.

I like this idea. Unfortunately after a quick Google search there’s not many photos of Joe Kapp with the Stampeders. Topps got the colors mixed up between Calgary and Saskatchewan when they colored in the photos.

*also the photo is of him at college (Cal).

1 Like

According to Wikipedia Cal’s colors are blue and gold. Also, Kapp was the only person to play QB in the Rose Bowl, the Grey Cup and the Super Bowl.

1 Like

Yes. Topps colored the football cards.

And the last time he tried to do that, Angelo was criplped…yeah capp was a real tough guy…

1 Like

Kapp didn’t forget what happened to Fleming in 1963.

Now that’s holding a grudge.

1 Like

I think you can get in trouble for that comment nowadays :laughing: :grin:

We old farts have LOOOOONNG memories. Now! Where did I leave my glasses?