Will the Argos be gone soon?

Some interesting comments, attendance only 15,000 but "announced at 19,000" two lowest attendance games in the CFL this year. Marketing not working, this has to be a worry in the largest market in Canada. Do we hear "Ottawa Argos"

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/08/04/argos-coach-barker-make-wrong-decision-again]http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/08/04/arg ... sion-again[/url]

Have any of you on this message board been to an Argos home game? Are you happy with the visual experience?

I’ve been to many high school games and I’ve been very disappointed in the stadium layout in this respect:

1. running track around the field – too far from the action.
  2. first row seats thru 10 barely see over the players’ heads on the sideline – can’t see the action.

Is the Argo stadium designed for the fan’s enjoyment?

There’s a track? I’ve never heard of it.

The Argo stadium was supposed to be designed to be “multi-use” for both the Argos and the Jays, but I think baseball considerations took precedence over football, which led to a crappy design for a football field.

I’m not saying that’s the case. I’m just proposing questions to get to the real problem and not a symptom of the problem. All I’m saying if the view of the action sucks, then all of the marketing promotions in the world will not get someone like me to go the game if the fundamental view of the action never gets fixed. Move the team elsewhere…not necessarily out of Toronto.

Does the University of Toronto have a better view of the action?

Can you tell from this picture if the only side of the stadium seats 20,000? You suppose demolition could put seats on the other side of the stadium? Of course U of T has a running track. That’s a big problem.

U of T stadium seats about 5,000. The local residents banded together to defeat any chance of a 20-25k stadium on that site, which was home to countless Grey Cup games up to the end of the 1950s. So whether 20k could fit there is irrelevant -- it won't happen.

Bummer. Well then the team has to move out of Toronto if in fact the reason for the lousy paid attendance is a poor view of the action. The leaves the premiere city in Canada without a team.

I’m not buying the possible excuse the team isn’t doing well…when in fact they’re still competitive on the scoreboard during those losses. The Cleveland Browns stink, but their view of the action for their fans at the latest stadium keeps the place soldout.

Let’s hope the folks in Ottawa/New Brunswick make the view of the action the highest priority in their stadium designs. Otherwise we are at risk of repeating this cycle.

I heard through the grapevine a long time ago that the Argos had a chance to get involved with Toronto’s Major League Soccer team when they were setting up BMO Field. You would think that place would be an improvement over the “SkyDome” !! Too bad that the Argos didn’t capitalize on that chance when they could have. :roll:

Ottawa will be Ottawa.
They will not be the argos.

Even if the argos have to fold the franchise wont move to ottawa, not after OSEG tried so hard to get their own franchise.

Not true, CSA, MLSE and the city of Toronto sandbagged the Argos.

:roll:

Well... If they DO decide to move out of Toronto...

[url]Home | Montreal Gazette | Montreal Gazette

:thup: [i]hint hint[/i]

As a Ti-Cat fan, I sincerely hope not. A 138 year old institution and rivalry as well as the most successful Toronto based Pro-Sport franchise in recent years, shouldn't be relocated or dissolved. I'm pulling for you guys to win the crossover spot this season. I really do feel the Argos should have gotten on the ground floor at BMO when they had the chance, instead of sticking with the Rogers Center, which is only ever filled for UFC/WWE or the Jays season opener but that's neither here nor there. Hopefully the Argos can make some cash hosting the Grey Cup next year.

[url=http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/future+never+been+brighter/5352533/story.html]http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/f ... story.html[/url]

Interesting article on the CFL as a whole. The Argos are safe I say.

great find on the article.

Terrific find. I think you should post it on the main forum. This is very exciting time for the CFL. As I’ve been saying over the past couple years, in 5 years the CFL will be in a completely different universe. No question.

I don't know Toronto well enough, and I've never been, but what about Lamport Stadium? It appears to be close enough to exhibition place for parking/GO access if they build a decent bridge over the tracks.

If the Skydome is the main reason for lack of support/attendance as suggested, why did the Argos have 40,000 average attendance in the early to mid-nineties there, and 30,000 average just a few seasons ago?

The marketing and product on the field iare the main culprits IMO...And the slight by Mayor Ford does not help either.

The Skydome may not be a great football facility, although if full, or nearly full, and with a winning team, the fan experience/atmosphere can be much more enjoyable.

If the Skydome is the main reason for lack of support/attendance as suggested, why did the Argos have 40,000 average attendance in the early to mid-nineties there, and 30,000 average just a few seasons ago?

The marketing and product on the field iare the main culprits IMO...And the slight by Mayor Ford does not help either.

The Skydome may not be a great football facility, although if full, or nearly full, and with a winning team, the fan experience/atmosphere can be much more enjoyable.

We can all agree that Skydome isn't the best Football venue on earth, it never has and never will be. Everyone in Toronto is aware of this. I would much rather got to the Hammer and sit at their stadium, but then I'd have to watch the Ti-Cats, which would be torture.

The problem isn't the stadium per say it's what is on the field. The Argos are not fun to watch, it's just not their record, they are a boring team, no offense and a laughable defense. I live in Waterloo, I could easily and I have in the past, drive down for a game usually I come for over half of the home sched. But not this year. The team just isn't exciting to watch, which is sad, I am the biggest CFL fan/promoter of all my friends, but there is no way I could honestly say go to and Argos game because it is fun, because it isn't.

I can cheer for a loser I am a Leafs, Blue Jay, FC Fan. I watch all the Argo games on TV, but to actually pay to watch Barker go 2 and out all game is brutal. We need someone we can cheer for, someone to captain our ship. I hope Jyles is the man, if not I am sure we'll get another QB next year as our savior

STEVE SIMMONS wrote this article , co don’t believe any of it. :lol:

steve simmons is a Village Idiot !!