WILL OTTAWA GO BACK IN THE CFL ON JUNE 28TH?

WHO THINKS THAT IT WILL REALLY HAPPEN JUNE 28TH, OR WILL THE CITY COUNCILLORS SHUT IT DOWN AFTER THE GROUP OF INVESTORS SPEND ALSO 2 MILLION. WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

I think the monentum is now on their side. The city council looks more optimistic than it did a year ago. But it's not a slam dunk by any means.

From what I've been reading, the city council in Ottawa as a whole, was apparently very impressed with the design concept, so thats positive...but you never know in that whacky town!!

If they don't decide to put the vote off until after the next election, something the mayor apparently wants to do, it has chance at passing. Not a great chance, but a chance. We'll see if the spineless politicians actually summon some backbone and don't cave to the NIMBYs.

Thats why I posted this topic, do you mean the present mayor wants to postpone the vote to after the major elction, i heard that, well in that case its dead. Too bad because the franchise group spent almost 2 million so far just to present their PROPOSAL!

The CURRENT mayor does NOT want to put the vote off until the next election.

There are two guys running to be the next mayor. The only guy to say he wants to put the decision off is Alex Cullen, who is one of the candidates. However, a recent poll has shown his chances are slim. The other candidate, Jim Watson, who by the same poll is a virtual lock to be the next mayor, has said he wants the vote to proceed and that he's happy to impliment whatever this council decides to do.

We'd be so lucky to have this plan here in Hamilton, that's all I can say.

Thanks for that clarification dmont. It’s hard to weed through all the rumour from so far away.

That definitely makes this project look more possible.

I think the Hunt Group will definitely proceed and I am confident the Eastern Riders will be back on the field in 2012. Personally I would try to bring Jackson or JC Watts in some PR capacity to get fan support up and get the city excited.

Bring this design here to the big smoke.
We need a decent stadium not that other two mistakes by the lake.
BMO and the Crapdome.

I shook JC Watts’ hand right after he gave an okay campaign speech, and before he was mobbed later, in Atlanta in February 2000. That was almost three years before he was ousted effectively in late 2002 as a congressman, deciding not to run rather than to be like almost all the other “Republicans” just a rubber stamp for Darth Cheney et al just as were ousted other real Republicans and conservatives such as Senator Trent Lott and Rep. Bob Barr who questioned things merely and would not supinely tow the line of that Cheney Neocon fascist clan.

I had no idea Watts played in the CFL until a few months ago.

Nowadays Watts also contributes a sydnicated column regularly now to some papers including the Las Vegas Sun though I don’t care for that paper for the most part.

All in all definitely a great guy to have for PR. :thup:

Hey Paolo…If you haven’t already, youtube the 81 Grey Cup. JC Watts and the Ottawa Rough Riders almost pulled off a major upset over the Eskimos (led by Warren Moon). The Rough Riders were 5-11 and led the 14-1-1 Eskimos 20-1 at half time before Edmonton finally woke up and staged their own amazing comeback to win and keep their streak of going. Watts played great and was the game MOP even though they lost.