Will Onterrio Smith/Ricky Williams dominate the CFL?

How will Smith and Williams fit into the CFL? Will they dominate the League? I suspect NFL fans figure that Williams and Smith will tear the League up and instantly bring their teams to greatness, but I doubt that will be the case. Frankly, it would be nice for the CFL and all of its supporters if Williams and Smith are only average up here. That would be ammo against the argument that the CFL has only second-class players (which we don't). The CFL and NFL are different games, and it would be a neat proof that there is top-level talent in this League if Smith and Williams weren't any more dominant than they were in the NFL.

Personally, I don't think they will dominate the CFL any more than they did the NFL. I certainly hope they don't. They won't be able to find it easy, and they'll have to adjust to the new game. It will be interesting to see how they do up here ... (assuming Williams does come up here).

....well lets put it this way....if you are a quality back of any sort....running along side Charles Roberts....yes i think there is a good possibility to dominate .......Onterrio Smith is officially a Bomber as of today...and what a tandem we have..... :smiley:

They might challenge Andre Rison's title of Greatest Player to Ever Play in the CFL.

I was watching the Score and on the ticker it said the according to a report , the Dolphins will allow Ricky Williams to play here for the year.

We don’t make too much of an argument though when we pick up everything the NFL cuts…

LOL… Maybe Williams will get the honour of the “highest” NFL superstar to play in the CFL…

…could it be some other teams are getting a little anxious about who the Bombers are signing…welllll i guess some should take notice… :wink: cuz the Bombers just got a whole lot better… :smiley:

Papa, I honestly believe you could not be better served than with Charles Roberts. If there's one position where the Bombers did not need to improve on, it was running back. Only one back can carry the ball at once, so... even if Smith is as good as Roberts, it won't change the threat factor.

possibly a little wishful thinking on your part third..........smith was brought in to replace stokes.......he is also an excellent returner and receiver......he also a better short yardage back then charlie.......he upgrades the bombers no matter how you slice it or want to preceive it..........

Ok. You go ahead with your Grey Cup run... :wink:

.......but think about it Third......what if Berry now designed a play that saw Roberts and Smith carry the ball together........one guy with his hands on the lateral sides of the ball, and the other holding the ends fimly.........then up the field they go using their individual talents to deke out LBs and DBs left, right and centre......the defenders would be at a loss as to who to tackle, knowing that committing to one player would give the other player a definite advantage.........This could be revolutionary in it's thinking.....I'm shaking.......

and the als can go ahead with theirs...........:slight_smile:

...i think you're wrong Third....I believe Charlie was better .... when Sellers was playing for us....though....not the type of back that Mike is (better blocker)....Onterrio will definitely be a diversion ...so the opposition can't key on Roberts.....I think they will work well together.....there is still a lot of hurdles for this team to overcome....but if all goes well ....we should do better than 05... :arrow:

The key words there in your post papa are "IF all goes well"...... that is not a given

about as likely as calvillo passing off someones helmet and then throwin to the endzone…only this time the receiver should actually catch it…not that it would matter…:slight_smile:

…and so you should lol lol …they should leave quite a few defenders in their wake…and leave a few :shock: looking for their jock straps lol :lol:

.......but remember Berry was part of Montreal's preseason seven-back formation being dreamed up last year.....

The double pass was Doug Berry’s idea. Phew ! I’m glad he’s gone !

.......the double pass is brilliant......pump fakes don't get DBS to commit anymore, but a skillfully thrown ball drilled into a lineman's head so that it bounces right back to the QB is awesome for allowing your receivers that extra break.......

…Calvillo won’t agree with ya on that one Third…Berry was one of his favourite people…and do you think we might have an inside scoop on other famous plays the ALS. use…hmmmmmmm :roll: