Will Daly actually play?

Or is he just retiring a Cat?

The Daly experiment?

5 Likes

If i remember correctly injuries/father time forced him to free agency where he wasn't picked up. Could a year of rest give him some spark for a Cup run?

2 Likes

I would only let Daly play special teams if he is actually going to suit up.

My bet is yes, but exclusively on special teams, you can never have too many good Canadian special teams players and with Cross and Newton out and Feltmate fighting nicks and bruises all year long, a fresh body is a nice get.

I do wonder if this was the plan right from day one for Mike this season?

2 Likes

You don’t need to re-sign just to retire with a team if it is the last team you played for.

1 Like

I'm kind of intrigued by this - if he is coming back, even on special teams, that must be a thrill! Maybe we can convince Tasker to un-retire?!

2 Likes

The only thing that has me worried is if the only reason they signed him was that we have a yet as unreported injury situation with either Tunde or Kats .

2 Likes

Just a wild thought, Bobo… we make it to the Eastern Final, and our Kats ends up facing their Curly Kitten? No contest, eh? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Interview he did said Drew reached out to him to be like a insurance policy .

3 Likes

Tasker never officially retired . He just switched to radio.

2 Likes

He has stayed in shape i seen him at two games

2 Likes

I would give (some kind of body part) to see Tasker make a playoff run! But Daly on special teams makes sense.

2 Likes

As a first guess, would that be something that you have two of?

2 Likes

My confidential sources tell me Daly is recovered from injury and will play.

2 Likes

Good spot for this
There is a Mike Daly reference
"Here comes Mike Daly on the blitz"

2 Likes

At least they positioned the potato chip job as his low point, and not the CFL gig. Ticat role is rightly portrayed as the springboard to bigger and better things.

6 Likes

Hopefully Daly will not play in the secondary; even as a back up...he was too slow....then again playing in the next game may be OK as team will rest starters.

1 Like

Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca - Oct. 27 - shows that the TiCats, now with Mike Day back, have released NAT DB Jordan Hoover, the former Esk/Elk from Sault Ste. Marie, who was signed just two weeks ago.

1 Like

Cool find Grover.
I seem to remember Harris reaching out to Cats fans because he needed a ride when he was first coming to town. I am foggy on the details.

He was an awesome playmaker and hit the ground running from day 1.
A great football player!

3 Likes