Will Bob Young sell the team?

Well Bob since you asked.... I would love to see a retro jersey for the 1908 Tigers, a train package for fans to the Ottawa game, and some return of DCI to Canada wich used to be held at Ivor Wynne.

This is all utter nonsense. The team is moving into a new era of profitability thanks to the stadium. The CFL TV contracts could be getting much larger in the future. The cats have a good football team. Also the new stadium and facilities will help to attract and keep good players and coaches.

In Caretaker We Trust :thup:

I don’t think the OP meant anything negative by his/her post. The way I understood it, the thought behind it all was that Bob Young’s goal was to get the Ticats to a point of stability and profitability, thus ensuring the TiCats future. So the question had to eventually asked (though it’s a bit early right now IMO), how much longer will Young own the team ?

I’m sure the Caretaker still has some goals, stability and profitability shouldn’t be measured in a year or two, one would think BY would want to ensure in can be sustained long period of time. The Ticats winning the Grey Cup would probably be another and hosting a Grey Cup or two, would probably be yet another goal.

Short answer is YES he will, one day. When will that do be.......yet to be determined.
Is this really a discussion ppl are interested in? Does it add value?? I think not.......I'm outta here.

;)

Here here,

This uniform

http://209.15.208.71/~cfhof/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/brian_timmis.jpg

With this logo (The H in the picture) on a black the helmet

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/images/en/general/2012/09/crop_18942572901.jpg

Will Bob Young sell the Team?
somewhere, Caretaker said he wants to make sure the Tiger-Cats are around for another 140 years, so... My guess is no, he will not sell them - especially now that they are moving towards financial viability.

Also, regarding above post - I’d like to see black and yellow shoulder stripes, ala Flying Wildcats throwback.

The only person who may or does know the answer to that question is the owner, and he's not sayin'.

After all the tears and anguish awaiting this moment in time (recent success and fun), I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Because as we all know, it does NOT last forever. Just ask the Als fans.

No shoulder stripes ala Wildcats! We already did the Wildcats and that was a red jersey. The simple golden "H" and a wool knit rugby jersey is what I'm after!

Here's an idea, Bob. Though it's more for the league than just the Cats.

See if you can convince whoever needs convincing to move away from having games televised on just TSN. Having games on non specialty channels gives higher exposure. I've been told by many many people that they choose the NFL simply because it's more available.

Not suggesting we try to compete, just get out there more.

Also, of its in the budget, market in KW more visibly. Tim Horton's here carries schedules which is great, but even some advertising on their in store TVs and monitors would go miles

Hey guys and greetings,
I am an American and I must say..I am a huge fan of the Canadian Football League. I proudly have the Tiger Cats logo on my car, my locker at work. I have the 2015 schedule already pasted in my date book. I plan to attend my first game at Tim Hortons Field this season. Anyway, I try to find CFL football anyway I can, internet, NFL network, sometimes its on NBC Sports Network. I was talking to my buddy today over a round of beers who tends to call CFL Football "high school" ball. But he admitted to me that he doesn't know enough about the Canadian game. He did say he would be more inclined to decide a more favorable opinion on the league but he just doesn't see it enough on television. I would like to see more CFL games on television down here in the USA. I think that the CFL could benefit from having there game on US Television. I think they could market to the fans of football. Because in my opinion this is real football. fast, exciting, hard hitting football. If the league could use that to its advantage it could help the league. anyway, its just my opinion. I hope everyone is enjoying the off season. Be well

I would like to see us go back to a older cat head. And thanks bob for everything you have done so far.

I see that the Bulldogs might be moving to St. John’s as noted below. I wonder if the Cats have any interest in an OHL team with a new arena/development project? Probably not but just throwing that out there.

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5465396-bulldogs-could-leave-no-one-s-denying-it/]http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/546 ... enying-it/[/url]

Important note in the story is that the Baby Habs move is expected to be temporary, pending completion of the new arena in Laval (major northern suburb of Montreal) near a Metro station (making it easily accessible). So the AHL franc his was moving no matter what.

Seems the immediate issue might be that Michael Andlauer sees the opportunity for a long-term OHL team (Erie) now and is as much (i.e., equal immediate “blame”) bailing on the Habs as vis-versa because the Habs won’t make a longer term commitment? Hamilton is a good location travel wise for an OHL team, and the current arena could have its capacity reduced (e.g., curtains) to make it suitable for an OHL team and still able to host larger events.

It's a different OHL from when Hamilton did have a team. New arenas that are first rate with the signature franchise in London where every game is sold-out at 9,000. I doubt Hamilton could match that but who knows.

the problem with the Bull dogs in Hamilton, is there are more Leaf fans than Habs fans here, notice when the Marlies come to town, they always get at least 9,000. The Marlies attendance is poor in Toronto, because they only want the NHL teams, the Marlies should move to Hamilton and I’m sure attendance here would be much better than the Bull dogs.

Greetings, BillyMack! The CFL will be exclusively on ESPN for the next 4 years. Most of the games will be live-streamed on ESPN3, with some games on ESPN and ESPN2 TV.

Yes, the CFL is pure football, where the athlete’s rule…not the coaching or strategy like in the NFL. Field possession is key in the Canadian football, often with multiple swings in momentum from quarter to quarter. The games are never over until the final gun, fast paced and usually with many spectacular plays and on the edge-of-your-seat excitement. Many of my friends are devout NFL followers and consider CFL “high school”. It just takes getting used to, the more you watch the CFL the more you like it. The players look smaller because the field is much bigger and the cameras angles are more “wide-angle”…not zoomed-in, up close and personal like in American football.

Hopefully you will make it up for a game in Hamilton this year (but get your tickets early as most games are likely to sellout). The Ticats have terrific fans and there is nothing like watching a CFL game live. :thup: