Why would play a Game on Sunday vs NFL ?

…I think his original question was 'why would (CFL) play a game on Sunday VS. nfl)…If we have to schedule each and every game according to other leagues games :lol: I agree with Richard…We wouldn’t be much of a league…The support is a different question and i’m willing to cut Onknight a little slack here ,because he had a game ticket and accomodation given to him…That’s his choice but I as a fan first of the CFL ,would have a tough time not giving my club (Ti-Cats in this case) top priority…Also i don’t think anyone is questioning Onknights citizenship…just his leagues allegiance… No high horse here …just my opinion and he posed the question :wink:

Also I move that the Mods take any thread associated with expansion and continue to lump it into one mega expansion thread.

Hey when it’s February through May okay fine, as it’s cold most of the time with the weather bad up there so fine to talk about expansion in slow time, but we are in the heart of football season now STOP IT!

PiCat offered already the rational explanation on this one guys. Perhaps read it again and there is no need to get worked up in another argument about one league over the other and then some. :roll:

Whats the NFL?

What's the CFL? :o

Mods! This guy needs to be banned!

Well, if the CFL Schedule makers haven’t figured out by now that the NFL plays 75 - 80 % of their games on Sunday, then we have a lot more to worry about than the shedule. Competancy of those in charge comes to mind as one of the worries. :wink:

Stupid thread. The CFL is after its best interest. TV ratings are always the best on sundays and I'm sure the CFL will outdraw the NFL on sunday. The only thing dumb are these rants :thdn:

That's why the CFL goes head to head, because it wins. I'lll never watch an NFL game over a CFL game and many people are like me..

You'll notice that every single game day in Montreal after Labour day (with the exception of Thanksgiving) is on a Sunday. Been this way since 2004 and has something to do with Mcgill's schedule.

Here is the breakdown for the ratings on Sunday.
Montreal, Hamilton, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, and parts of the rest of the country will watch the cFL.
Parts of Toronto and area will watch the NFL.
Thats how it always is.
I haven’t been to Toronot recently, but I’d bet in the bars on a Sunday you won’t find a CFL game showing.
Because thats Toronto.

Chris Cuthbert is reporting via twitter that "On the first Sunday of #nfl football Canada's highest rated football game is the Banjo Bowl with 837,000 viewers! #cfl #tsn". And that is why the CFL plays games on Sunday vs NFL (I suppose it would be more accurate to say that is why the CFL doesn't shy away from going head-to-head against the NFL).

(Doesn't say anything 'bout that other game, though the fewer that watched that game, the better :oops: )

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that questioning someone’s Canadianness because they went to an NFL game is so far over the line that it’s reached absurdity. :stuck_out_tongue:

I venture to say many people in Canada spend more money vacationing outside of Canada each year going down south in the winter or whatever.

And let's face it, it's expensive to travel in Canada often, big country and unless you get plane discounts, it adds up.

It was mostly tongue in cheek, although if I had my preference, people would actually spend all their money in canada.

CFL has held their own nice and easy when they went against the NFL head to head.

they're not about to change anytime soon.

When in doubt.... PVR. Watch the game you want when you want. Wo cares about schedule conflicts.

So considering the original poster criticized the CFL accusing them of being idiots, surely I’m not the only one who finds this whole thing ironic.

Once again, the reason why CFL plays games on Sunday is because they draw good!! In fact better than anything else, no NHL HNIC no problems. The only thing that can bring in better ratings consistently than CFL is HNIC, so naturally the CFL will try to avoid it (only one month of conflict anyways)

He’s right. Also if you are like millions, you can have the TV run with one game and your computer to a monitor run on another or even a cell phone as well. I don’t see what is the big deal here as if you are still limited to one screen and program at a time. :roll: Sure I wish too they were at different times to give each more attention, but don’t overlook that at least they are both on as options any more.

Down here in Tampa it sucks though because I can only do this for one of the NFL time slots during the day per Sunday, but at least I always get a game any more even with the stupid antiquated concept of a local “blackout.” That’s another positive with the CFL over the NFL in that you don’t blackout games up there though it hardly matters down here any more. The weather’s just started to not be as sweltering here and we spend our time at the beach and otherwise not sitting around on Sundays watching football anyway. And when it’s still hot, no one wants to sit around roasting in a stadium.

Some day as is long overdue and only being hindered as was the rollout of high-speed internet 10 years ago, all the programming will all be piped through the internet anyway and we’ll all have a bunch of screens/monitors on one wall to watch ALL the games at once just like in a solid sports bar or sports book.

That day is coming sooner rather than later, but until it comes I am NOT paying for a cable subscription when I get it all at no additional charge via the internet and often in HD. :slight_smile:

Right now the only telecast the CFL should try to avoid is HNIC. Espeically when its an all Canadian matchup.
Outside of that it has nothing to worry about.
Then again if this league can get up to twelve, it may not even have to worry about HNIC anymore.

The choice is obvious isn’t it? And I love watching CFL on Sunday afternoons.