Why today is greatness

In no particular order....tequila. Canada. Football.
My dog. All of you. Happy Canada Day and thank you.

That is all.

And Rusty Staub.

9 Likes

My wife, my daughter, my son, my in-laws

• Living in Canada, living in BC, not being in wildfire or flood areas
  • Not living in poverty, having a family doctor, having good dental coverage
  • Having the freedom to do the right thing, freedom of religion, freedom of lifestyle and beliefs
  • Living in democracy, no in country wars, multiculturalism
  • Living in a country where we can agree to disagree, even with the govt
  • First nations reconciliation
  • People helping each other in time of need, taking in hurting refugees with open arms
  • Living in a country where racism and any other kind of harassment or persecution of others is not accepted
  • Freedom from conscription, better than most healthcare system even if still somewhat problematic these days
  • Plenty of good drinking water and plenty of food if we would share it better
7 Likes

Agree with you ... but wish this ONE point was a tad more universal

2 Likes

Canada, good Scotch, football a good rare steak ... Did I mention Scotch

2 Likes

Totally agree, but are you sure that what you posted is in no particular order? My guess is that you got the order just right yesterday.

1 Like

I think you may be on to something.

Now I feel like a scotch.

4 Likes

Here's to you :beers:

2 Likes

I liked your whisky too that Forty Creek you know.

After hearing about it from a Canadian, I could find it in Florida and in Indiana when I lived there and then enjoyed it.

I'm not a whisky drinker any more, but in good company sure I'd go for it again as well.

2 Likes

Trick is to never drink to excess.... Enjoy the flavors

2 Likes

Wow . Rusty Staub , now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time . He was my idol and my favourite ball player growing up when I was a kid . The "Le Grand Orange" and the Expos !!! Ahhh good times and memories indeed . I was heart broken when Montreal traded him to the Mets .:baseball: :billed_cap: :orange_circle:

3 Likes

I met Rusty when my t-ball team played between an Expo doubleheader at Jerry Park.
He gave me his autograph.
I got a double, but was stranded on 2nd.

1 Like

Canadian whisky and Alberta craft beer, of course.

1 Like

Sounds like Canadian greatness to me.

1 Like

When our bar’s Jameson’s runs dry, we go down to the
Fourty Creek.

3 Likes

That Fourty Creek is a genuine best buy at the price it is. Because it's aged in Sherry barrels it is a fine sipping whiskey or with a little cood water, no ice if one wants it a little lighter. I lost a kidney and have given up alcohol but I do miss Scotch and Fourty Creek :cry:

1 Like

So you say you got a double , was it a rye or a scotch ? :grin:

1 Like

Good one.
I didn’t start that ‘till little league....after I went to see
“The Bad News Bears”

1 Like

Oh and also Gin and Tonic, Vodka and Tonic plus Martini's made with both all types of wine and beer. What the heck I have to die of something so might as well be good booze or even bad !
Prost, Salute, Cheers

2 Likes

I have some 25 year old Scotch... My brother wants to put it in cola... He never gets the good stuff

1 Like