Why the ti-cats cannot beat TO

Hellothere
I have to ask. What does the fact that there are 3 football teams so close together have to do with anything? You have mentioned it a few times now and I just dont see the point. It certainly is not a feather in the cap of any of those teams

good question............1 of the reasons that the NHL will not put a NHL team in HAMILTON , is because TORONTO and BUFFALO are to close to each other.They will not allow it.

The BUFFALO BILLS owner has said that he wants 50 million dollars U.S. , if a NFL TEAM came to TORONTO.[which will never happen]

During the 1980's and early 1990's .........many football fans from TORONTO and HAMILTON .........chose to spent their money on games in BUFFALO , so they didn't go to HAMILTON or ARGOS games.

Thankfully, that is changing in both markets.And has been for awhile.

Lets take SASK...........as an example........FOOTBALL is the only PRO game around that area.........so there is no compitition from other sports.

If an NHL team was to go to REGINA that might hurt the ROUGH RIDERS tickets sales................because people only have so much money and they would have to chose 1 of them.If they chose the NHL to see, in person , they could still watch football on T.V., but that will not pay the bills unless it is , pay for view.

In places like ALBERTA they have the best sports fans in CANADA and can support both the NHL and CFL.

So , in the TORONTO area , we have THE LEAFS , the BLUE JAYS , THE RAPTORS and the ARGOS............lots of compitition. AND 45 minutes away from TORONTO.............we have THE CATS , and 1 hour and a half from TORONTO , we have, the BILLS.

Most of those other sports are CRAP.......but TORONTO has a bad mental attitude towards all things Canadian.........and has a huge ugly ego.

Also the ONTARIO SPORTS media are jerks who think that if it isn't American, it can't be any good.

Hamilton needs a real QB not a double chinned hide behind his oline kinda guy... retire old foggie!!

YA! but it was just an example.........and I don't that the NHL is going any where. :wink:

I did not realise that the Ticat/Arrrrrrrrrrggggggooooo rivalry impacted on so many people (and seemingly other sports!) around North America…there was me thinking that the friction was confined to a small stretch of the QEWdont get me wrong all views & opinions that expressed on this site are more than welcome (well most of them).I do feel however that the focus of this thread may have slightly lost its way.again dont get me wrong, if the contributors want to go off in their own direction, who am I to stand in their way.

With this in mind, I will shoot off on my own particular tangent.Lets Go Lions, Lets Go!!!

Kind Regards
ScotCAT77

If There's Any Saving Grace From This NHL Lock-Out Is That Cities That Don't Deserve To Have Teams Will Lose Them, Teams Such As The Islanders, Mighty Ducks, And The Entire South East Division. The Problem With The NHL Is That Any Slack Jawed Red Neck With Money (Ted Turner) Could Put A Team In Any Market, For Gods Sake People In North Carolina Have Never Even Seen Snow, Most Of Them Think A Salt Truck Delivers The Little Packets Of Salt To Resterants.

Even more Cities

Tabbies versus Boatman..........its gone global.....or at least to Alabama, Okie-land & Arizona!!

ScotCat77

Well as you can see the final was a tie which means the cats still did not win so go back to school and work on your english skills so you can match them with your math and maybe that will help. I won't call you names either as you probably would not understand them anyway. As for insulting you wel you are a ti-cat fan so clearly you are an insult!

Wow, your response came back in just under a month. How ever can I compete with lightning fast witt like that? How did you pull that out of you hat so quickly?