Why not cut Morris some slack.....

well not really, he should be gone, but strange the same people who jumped all over me for suggesting Durant be replaced haven't come to the aid of poor Eric Morris who is in his first year in the league when Durant is in his third year.

because for once in your life, you're right.

Oh so bitter cflisthebest, you are a troubled soul aren't you?

People jump all over you as much for how you say things as for what you say---though both tend to be questionable.
But if it'll make you feel better.....

Comparing the development of a QB to that of a punt returner is apples and oranges. QBs take years to develop. Punt returners often are good from day one---some are better in their early years than later on because speed and quickness, the strengths of the young are the more important than strength and experience---the strengths of older players.
So DD coming into his own in his 4th year is not at all surprising.
All that said, you still are way off base. Eric Morris has played few games and is recovering from a knee injury. While some guys are great from day one, some also take awhile to develop. Not as long as QBs, but more than 3 or 4 games. Add in the fact the STs blocking has been horrendous, and putting all the blame on Eric Morris is as silly as putting it all on DD. And no one would ever be that silly....
Eric Morris may or may not develop into that punt returner we need. But you certainly do not know if he can or cannot at this point. A lot of fans wanted Dominique Dorsey gone and he was ridden out of town on a rail. Now many fans are openly talking about if he is released from his NFL team, we should pursue him vigorously.
Punt returners do not get nearly as long to prove themselves as many other positions, but right now, who do you want back there? Johnny Quinn? Stu Frasier?
The easiest thing in the world is to criticize. Making that criticism useful and well considered is a lot more difficult.

It is a large task, but you are making cflisbest seem moderate and knowledgeable....

well if that is the case, you make him sound like Einstein.

You think you know anything about football. I have read your posts, and oh how painful.

You know that when neanderthals like you are confronted with peopke that have different opinions than you, your first instinct is to cut down the character of the other person, or otherwise call names, berate, belittle, etc instead of taking on the argument. Why? Because you can't, you lack the intellectual capability and are stuck with your rose colored glasses and are perfectly content when everyone agrees with you and your drivel.

I think you had better just read what you just posted and tell me if your not being a bit hypocritical!! In fact the more I read it im not sure if your talking to yourself or to Arius

Having an opinion is great. Having an opinion that you can back up with a logical argument is even better. You should try it sometime.

I agree with Arius , you can't put this all on Morris.. the STs can't even block for Boreham when he punts, so how are they going to set up decent returns for Morris? Seems to me the teams need a better coach and get back to basics-- blocking and tackling...

Arius and I have been on opposing sides of an opinion many times, but he has more intelligent bowel movements than nearly anything that Terminator has been able to cough up and hork onto this board. He just seems to likes to troll. Either he Googles the Riders, finds a few key moments and abscure players in their past and pretends he's a fan, or worse, he actually was a fan, but either became disenchanted and bitter, or just thinks he can appear more knowledgeable than anyone by acting all contrarian.

But I digress. I've been willing to give Kavis Reed the benefit of the doubt for awhile now, but I don't believe the special teams' problems are personnel-based. In our return game, we don't seem to block anyone. We don't have a wedge on our kickoff returns, we don't wall anyone off on punt returns.

I can live with a Larry Taylor TD return - he's that kind of palyer, and our punt coverage otherwise was pretty good. But we could have traded returners against Montreal and I'm really not sure we would have fared any better. We never have our returner withe just one guy to miss - on kickoff returns we see Morris with the ball, and the lext 5 guys on screen are all opposing tacklers.

I need to watch them live to see just what they are or aren't doing. The Hamilton game really didn't tell much on account of weather.

I find this comment incredibly funny. It is not wise to criticize someone and then to do the exact same thing. Usually people will do this several posts apart. Not sure I have ever seen it done in the following sentence. :lol:

On returns, if the issue is blocking, how can Dressler go back there both last year and this year and provide a spark and yet everyone else looks like they are moving in quicksand or worse? Is he that good?

"I find this comment incredibly funny. It is not wise to criticize someone and then to do the exact same thing. Usually people will do this several posts apart. Not sure I have ever seen it done in the following sentence". BigU

Well, Big U if you think I care what you think or say on this thread then you are having some sort of acid flashback or something. Like I wrote before, if you don't like what you read don't read it or chose not to respond. But somehow trashing me for "how it makes you feel" is as childish as Ariusreturns comments. I will keep on expressing my opinion regardless of what you or Ariusreturns says on this thread, you can count on that.

Terminator, you are one negative SOB. you can never give the Riders any credit unless it's something you claim.. which usually is outlandish.

You think giving credit to Donovan Alexander, Weston Dressler, Stevie Baggs, Rob Bagg is outlandish? If so, explain why that is outlandish. Those are among the Riders who I have given credit to this year. Also, I am not the only one to give these Riders credit this year.

Your credit must be confusing to me!!

I think it's time for a Credit check! the creditors are knocking at the door!

Ah, spoken like a truly intelligent individual......not. :slight_smile:

I will keep on expressing my opinion regardless of what you or Ariusreturns says on this thread, you can count on that.
hehehe. Of that I am sure. Enjoy, oh whiney one. :lol:

I think the scheme on punt and kick returns is as much to blame for Morris' ineffectiveness as his inability to "break one". Some serious adjustments need to be implemented for Labour Day.