Why keep Morreale?

Some people get irked when any player is dissed unnecessarily, TMLMikey

especially one who has given yeoman service to the team for years.

Relax!

At least, the poster didn't personally attack you.

If Morreale has lost a step, then his football days could over soon, He still has good hands so keeping him as a backup is a good move,- AS long as he isnt displacing a young player from getting career going.- Holmes and Vuaghn #1&2 at slotback,

Just because I agree with the overall idea of letting the coaches make the decisions, probably due that I have liked Morreale over the years, if it was someone I didn't like then I would be more inclined to get into a conversation about releasing such person, it doesn't mean that others can't say what they want about him. That's fine, this thread is fine IMO, everyone has their favourites and not so favourites.

There is no good reason to keep Morreale. He drops too many balls and can’t hold on to the ones he catches. I posted a similar comment that it might be time to go and the Danny Mac fan club went nuts. Far to many fans on this site that hate to see players leave but the truth is this team has been far too loyal to aging veterans for to long.

Don’t stop posting your thoughts as it would be a very boring site if we all agreed!

Yes Leo1, as the age old saying goes, variety is the spice of life!

Mikes exsperience and his knowledge can always be helpful for the new players!Just like Hitchcock age is catching up to him!He should let the faster better players step in and excell while staying on special teams as a special threat!They both probrally wont be starters this year but will play a back up role of some kind!should be interesting!

I agree with Mikey. I've always had a soft spot for Morreale, but his best days have definatly come and gone. As for Hitchcock I still think he's a heart and soul guy. As a backup and special teams guy he can still lift a team with his hard nosed approach.

But the hard nosed approach is no good if you run the 40 in 5.8. Not saying that Hitch runs the 40 in this or anything, I don't know, but speed and quickness must be measured along with heart, soul and the hard nosed approach to still be effective in a sport like football that requires speed and quickness in many of the positions.

There is no good reason to keep Morreale. He drops too many balls and can’t hold on to the ones he catches.
Have you been to a game in the past 2 years?

No Crash I just make stuff up, I never really seen him drop any balls or fumble. Lets cut Ralph Brock and keep Mike around the same amount of time we kept D-Mac or Ozz. Far too much talent in camp to keep him and that’s just my opinion.

Afraid to go over the middle? Nope.
Cannot make the important drive-sustaining grab? Nope.
Gives up on his routes? Nope.
Poor leadership on and off the field? Nope.
Slowest guy on the field? Nope.
Too small a target? Nope.
Prima donna who throws temper tantrums when the ball isn't delivered EXACTLY where he thinks it should be? Nope.
Unwilling to play as a backup/ST player because it's beneath him? Nope.
Embarrasses his QB and team mates by sitting on the sidelines pouting? Nope.
Unwilling to take a pay cut BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST THING FOR THE TEAM? Nope.

Now that I've villified Mike in ten different ways, no wonder we should get rid of him.

(For those that cannot understand this post, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm should help).

Your opinion to cut Mike is one thing, saying he has dropped and fumbled footballs IN THE LAST 2 YEARS is simply inaccurate.

Who said cut Brock? I certainly didnt.

Nothing wrong with an opinion, just dont make up things about players that arent true. Personally I think Yeast has dropped more balls in the past 2 years than Morreale, but what do i know?

How many quotes will fit in a box? Anyway heres one more, the Brock thing was sarcasm and as far as Mike goes I just think we have to much talent to keep him for another season. In regards to Yeast I'm not a big fan of his but he does make things happen both good and bad!

How many quotes will fit in a box? Anyway heres one more, the Brock thing was sarcasm and as far as Mike goes I just think we have to much talent to keep him for another season. In regards to Yeast Ilol just one more thing mike is the slowest guy on the team

How many quotes will fit in a box? Anyway heres one more, the Brock thing was sarcasm and as far as Mike goes I just think we have to much talent to keep him for another season. In regards to Yeast Ilol just one more thing mike is the slowest guy on the team