Why is this website deleting my posts??

i was at 44 earlier i come home im at 28 i post 3 or 4 times and im still stuck at 28?? hopefuly after this im at 29..

have your messages been deleted or just the number of posts?

From another thread:

At 4:05 PM it started counting again.

oh thats sucks, i posted alot this mornin

Just asking??? Is there a race or prize of some kind??? Is there a purpose???

:?

I wondered as well. Ambition is not always a good thing.

On the other hand- I do miss seeing my old rating and post total which indicated that I was fairly consistent at a post a day overall.

Yes, I also know that "foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Also has anybody else noticed that the player posted on the top right of the screen are half cut off? it only shows the full of them somtimes..??

I screwed something up... and had to restore from a backup. :oops:

??what??

[quote="Blitz21"] ??what?? [quote]

Ron, the grumpy sys admin, is just that, one of the Ticats (very good) sys admins. So when he apologizes for making a mistake, you can be sure it was a doozy. And that he is unlikely to make that one again. :wink:

I think Ron will be able to read between the lines when the Caretaker says he is unlikely to make that one again. :slight_smile:

Yes, I am sure that Ron can take a hint. And that he like his job, which is why it will not happen again. :slight_smile:

Fortunately for me, I left my browser running and was able to recover my old posts by clicking th back button and with some copying and pasting. Still, many good posts are missing, and it sure is unfortunate if they cannot be recovered. I know I'd rather not be backing up my own posts. But at least we know this will not happen again! :slight_smile:

Heh. Bob isn't threatening me... he understands that mistakes happen. Especially when you try to do too many things at once. :wink:

Fact of the matter is you didn't even notice any downtime - didja? If it weren't for the missing posts - you wouldn't have noticed anything at all.

What happened was that one of the developers messed up some french stories - and I was attempting to restore a copy of the database to another location (so that the french stories could be retrieved) and I accidentally over-wrote the database with the 4:30am backup. woo!

That's what happens when you're working on one thing (a sick server at day-job) and you "quickly" try to fix something else... ah well.