WHY EXPANDING THE CFL MIGHT NOT WORK.........

expanding the candian football league might no work based on one rule.the Is there enough non-import canadian cis players to fill these rosters and be competitive?I the lack of quality cis players with a mandatory canadian ratio would hurt the league more than help.I think if the cfl wants to expand it will have to consider this dropping some of the import rules.most of the stars of notice are produce out the ranks of the ncaa EXAMPLE QUATERBACKS.Not saying that theres not talented cis players but they are very small compared too the ncaa ranks.Theres are guys walking the streets of america who could be on a nfl or cfl roster but theres not enough space for them.but as more teams are added too the cfl does canada has the quality of football players to add to these rosters somebody could hurt

Yes there is enough Canadian talent.

I agree, there's plenty of talent out there.

All they need to do is change the definition of an import. If, for example, a player moves to Canada for a minimum of five years as a CFL player, they become non-imports.

I disagree
The bottom line is it would still cost Canadians their spots

The CFLPA would never go for less Canadian content.

WELL THEN THE QUALITY OF PLAY WILL GO DOWN TO BE HONEST THERE NOT ENOUGH QUALITY CIS PLAYERS TO GO AGAINST NCAA I FEEL EXXPANDED CFL WILL HURT THE CANADIAN BORN PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY LOWER QUALITY OF PLAY OF CIS WHERE THEY DONT HAVE THE WEIGHT PROGRAMS,NUTRITION,AND COACHING AGAINST NCAA PLAYERS SOMEBODY WOULD GET HURT

Dont feed the trolls

Hey Sandusky.
WE take on you American schoolboy players in the Skydome, under CAnadian rules, and we'd kick your butts.

YOu Americans talk the talk, but you can't back it up anymore. And like they say. Talk is cheap.

They had 9 teams before for a long long time and thus more Canadians in times where there were less Canadians playing. I dont think anybody geting hurt is an issue. We get the same juice here as you get.

This is just 1 guy.... You dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

LOL

We just dont take as much.

I wonder if the troll realizes that many star CFL players are Canadians.

I wonder if the troll realizes just how many american players FAIL when they arrive at the CFL, Also QB's saddly are not included in the ratio.

Best Defences in the league have more canadian starters then the weaker Defences.

BC and TO have 3 NI starters(on D)
Winnipeg has 1 NI Starter(on D)

I find that interesting.... it almost looks like the more NI's are given a chance to play the more they tend to show up that great American talent.

I wonder what would happen if a NI QB got a real chance(like the amount of chances shown to Chang this year which was alot for a rookie)

27 CIS universities, 9 team CFL would mean 3 CIS universities per CFL team. CFL could/should help expand the CIS to 30-32 teams.

a player doesn't need to play in the CIS to play in the CFL

That is also a really really stupid thing to think.
Look at the CFLs players and how there are many good canadian kids who went to NCAA schools.

The amount of NI stars is high, most OL's and it is funny to see the better OLs in the league have the more NI's.

Calgaries OL sucks this year and they moved to more imports along the OL.

Best passing attack in the league(Bombers) have 6 Canadian starters.
Also funny Bombers Defence isn't so good and the lone Canadian on the defence is one of their best players... sorta odd no?

No different than it was for a long time in the NHL with Europeans. A lot of times the Europeans were big in regular season but faded in the playoffs. Candadians shone in the playoffs because it meant more to them.

In the CFL, who do you think winning a Gey Cup means more to? The Canadian who can brag to his friends and has followed the history or the American who sees the CFL as a job but if he wins he goes back to somewhere in the US that doesn't even know what the CFL is?
Note that once the Americans get heavily involved in the local community, their play seems to elevate.

Professional or not, that passion to win and be able to show others you are excellent at what you do impacts on how well you perform.

Very True.

I always thought the player bonuses would be good enough incentive for americans, although it is true that many seem to fade away.

Maybe they forget how much $$ they can make if they win a grey cup.

Although the added insentive is really only for the NI's/guys most involved in the community.

Canada can support 10 or 12 teams. it's rather sad that some people can't.

Canada can both provide enough players for the import quota and fans for the stands.