Why don't the putty cats practice in the rain?

There will come a game where they will probably have to play in it and a little experience in it wouldn't hurt. Yes I mean rain not when there is lightning. Are they afraid to get their fur wet?

There was lighting today. They practised in the rain last week.

Not sure what team youre a fan of but maybe you should get your facts straight and do research before you open your mouth...It was pouring rain this past week on Sunday or Monday I believe, and the team practiced full out in it both practices, in fact coach Cortez was saying that theres no reason not to have practiced in the rain because you play games in the rain, and the players said it makes them concentrate more and prepare you for games like that...Today they cancelled due to lightning, which is a smart thing to do because lightning isn't safe by any means....so again next time maybe research your thoughts next time or you'll like dumb like you do at this moment. Cheers.

Hey Matt Hayes, did you miss the part about the lightning?? Go troll somewhere else.

With a title like that his user name should have been Sylvester, not Goofy. Can't even get his cartoon references right. Geez.

The team practice in the rain last Friday. What they can’t do is practice when there is lightning, which is why they canceled practice today. Maybe next time, think before you hit the ‘submit’ button, dimwit.

i was there for an hour and a half. one lightning bolt at 3:30. nothing after that yet the players were all hiding in the stadium. You guys do make me laugh though with your anticipated remarks. :smiley:

Asinine comments or just trolling.

Experts, of which you're not, suggest staying indoors at least 30 minutes after lightning has been observed nearby.

Lightning does not have to be directly overhead in order to be deadly as it can strike from 5-10 miles (8-16 KM) away.

Better to be safe than sorry... and stupid or dead :roll:

It was a thunder storm where I live (Ottawa & Cannon area) so to say there was one lightning bolt is hilarious.. Maybe if you attended the previous 4 raining practices you would have thought twice about posting..

Also as a youth I had a kid in my baseball league killed by lightning during a game and had several games in the years after canceled because of lightning..

NO BODY is tough playing in a thunder and lightning storm.. Just extremely stupid.

goofy - enough said.

I think when the Cats played in Edmonton last year the refs sent the players off the field during a lightning storm. If I remember correctly it was just before the 1st half ended and they added the extra time to the 2nd half. I'd assume there would be quite the lawsuit if a player was killed by lightning after being forced to play under it.

I don't remember the exact details, but yes the game in Edmonton last year was delayed due to lightning.

:roll:

and you just make me laugh.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goofy wrote:

"i was there for an hour and a half. one lightning bolt at 3:30. nothing after that yet the players were all hiding in the stadium. You guys do make me laugh though with your anticipated remarks."

I noticed in your quote that you wrote "i" and not we. So you were there by yourself waiting in the lightning and the downpour.

Some people just don't have the sense to come in from the rain.

Goofy:
Garsh Mickey I always thought it was tweety who said 'I tot I taw a putty tat'

Here is one reason to clear the field. Many others available at google 'lightning safety'

Contact Us»
~ National Lightning Safety Institute ~
Section 4.4
Personal Lightning Safety Tips

1. PLAN in advance your evacuation and safety measures. When you first see lightning or hear thunder, activate your emergency plan. Now is the time to go to a building or a vehicle. Lightning often precedes rain, so don't wait for the rain to begin before suspending activities.

2. IF OUTDOORS...Avoid water. Avoid the high ground. Avoid open spaces. Avoid all metal objects including electric wires, fences, machinery, motors, power tools, etc. Unsafe places include underneath canopies, small picnic or rain shelters, or near trees. Where possible, find shelter in a substantial building or in a fully enclosed metal vehicle such as a car, truck or a van with the windows completely shut. If lightning is striking nearby when you are outside, you should:

A. Crouch down. Put feet together. Place hands over ears to minimize hearing damage from thunder.

B. Avoid proximity (minimum of 15 ft.) to other people.

1. IF INDOORS... Avoid water. Stay away from doors and windows. Do not use the telephone. Take off head sets. Turn off, unplug, and stay away from appliances, computers, power tools, & TV sets. Lightning may strike exterior electric and phone lines, inducing shocks to inside equipment.

2. SUSPEND ACTIVITIES for 30 minutes after the last observed lightning or thunder.

3. INJURED PERSONS do not carry an electrical charge and can be handled safely. Apply First Aid procedures to a lightning victim if you are qualified to do so. Call 911 or send for help immediately.

4. KNOW YOUR EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS.

Teach this safety slogan:
"If you can see it, flee it; if you can hear it, clear it."

Please reprint & distribute.
Prepared by the
National Lightning Safety Institute, Louisville, CO.

About NLSI | NLSI Business Services | Lightning Incidents
Personal Lightning Safety | Structural Lightning Safety | Reference Information