Why doesn't Grey Cup get broadcast on CTV

its a lot easier for the CBC considering our tax money pays for it.

I would assume it has something to do with the contracts that CTV has with the American networks. During the Superbowl shows like the Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives are not on in America, making it impossible to view in Canada. These shows do not stop in the States for the Grey Cup, likely making CTV obligated to air them to the Canadian Audience.

Even if they are not obligated, this gives them the chance to get the Grey Cup viewrs and the 'drama' viewers, raking in a big portion of Canadian viewership

The answer is quite simply:
Poverty and lack of access is a social crime
If you can't afford cable, then get a job, you bum

Our world is careening towards an era of mega-lopolies
God help anyone who doesn't like it
Or falls through the cracks in some way

Large corporations don't give a hoot if some people simply can't afford or can't access cable
The individual is dirt
Get used to it!

they got over 6 million on TSN, so clearly they would have over 6 million had it been shown on CTV.

What ticks me off is that this country everyone is treated equal and the CBC was created to be seen without cable all across the country no matter where you are because rich or poor ALL should get CBC.
Now this is CTV not CBC ......BUT...... the Grey Cup is CANADA'S AND ALL SHOULD GET THE RIGHT TO WATCH IT cable or no cable. It is ours.

I completely disagree with this sense of entitlement. Unless it specifically states in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms that you have the right to watch the Grey Cup, then you're not entitled to jack. Doesn't matter if the Grey Cup is Canada's championship.

Wonderful “Dickensian” sensitvity:

"Are there no prisons?", asked Scrooge. "Plenty of prisons", said the gentleman, laying down the pen again. "And the Union workhouses?", demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?" "They are. Still", returned the gentleman, "I wish I could say they were not." "The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?", said Scrooge. "Both very busy, sir." "Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course", said Scrooge. "I'm very glad to hear it."
Bah humbug.

And now for something COMPLETELY different.

http://corporatecrimereporter.com/barrylynn021310.htm

:cowboy:

“MillerCoors under the direction of South African Breweries (SAB)”

This is inaccurate, which makes me question everything else he “reports” in that blog.

From wikipedia (for what it’s worth):

The USA is the world’s most profitable beer market; On 9 October 2007, SABMiller and Molson Coors Brewing Company announced a joint venture to be known as MillerCoors. U.S. antitrust regulators approved the joint venture on June 5, 2008. The merger was completed on June 30, 2008 and MillerCoors began operation as a combined entity on July 1, 2008. The combined venture will be headquartered in Chicago, IL. Pete Coors has been named as chairman of the new company, and Molson Coors Chief Executive Leo Kiely will be the new CEO of the joint venture. Tom Long, CEO of Miller, will be appointed president and chief commercial officer. The region contributed 11% of the overall group’s earnings before interest, tax and amortization (EBITDA) in 2008.

I should also note that SABMiller is headquartered in London, UK, not South Africa despite its name.

The Grey Cup Game belongs on the mainstream network.Its a real slite by CTV on the CFL and Canada,s Big Game!