Why does Beveridge play?

Barker is starting to be a very good STs player and is in on most tackles made and many are solo. He'll be in there soon. :thup:

how do you guys know he is out of position? i didn't realize you guys were hired as the dc instead of coach marshall

Hey, it's not like I expect my comments are going to change anything. But ask yourself if Beveridge is anywhere near downfield completions.

We are going to have to live with him for the rest of the season because MB is a loyal coach and things are going along OK. But there will come a time when the head coach will want to do more than be competitive and when that time comes he will look at Sandy and realize that loyalty to a mediocre player will not get this team into serious contention.

MB may view this year as buying some time until he and his staff feel Barker is ready to step in, but loyalty is always a casualty when the pressure to win grows. 2009 was always just a season to show some improvement and they've done that, but in 2010 that won't be enough and to take the next step they will need to have a safety in the line-up who actually makes plays.

I like him

http://www.ticats.ca/video/index/id/6989

Preseason?

I like him too.

Preseason video clip? So what?

Let me get this straight Massdestruction you're blaming a botched third down fake for losing the game??
Best you get a grip

I don't know why Gordon is even on this team. Should Sandy be starting safety? Maybe not. But his play never hurts the team the way Gordon's does. The guy is a liability.

Massdestuction has a good point if he caught that ball on the 3rd down fake he would still be running instead the next play the Argos run it in for a touchdown, that was my turning point we gave them life.
But it wasn't the only bad play

that GAFF cost us the game because it led to a td so it was a 12 point swing at least.! Gordon is lost out there, Barker would be better playing his position! RE_ Beverage- during eskimo game the EE,s had a predesigned play with a Huge block on the Safety_Beverage- he got pasted, but who made the td saving tackle 40yds across the field ? (A) Sandy Beverage :thup: :rockin: IMHO find a nfl cut to replace Gordon :stuck_out_tongue: Some people on here should stick with telling the leafs what to do LMAO

r you saying we should replace lawrence gordan he is a good player

From week to week we should pretty much replace everyone at one point or another.

I think Beveridge has improved as a safety and to say that he doesn't help with tackles is a bit off as far as I'm concerned. I can think of quite a few plays where he came across to make a tackle that 3 or 4 other guys missed. I just don't get the love affair with Barker. I have nothing against him and can see that he's developing into quite a good ST player, but I don't think he's done anything to show us that he's going to be the King that some here think he's going to be.

As for making big hits. It's nice to have a safety who can do that, but there are certain players on this team who hit like a truck, but then allow the receiver to run for 20 yards because they were so concerned about making the big heat that they missed the tackle.

Orson Wells said this about Paul Masson wine.

'We will sell no wine before it's time.'

Marcel Bellefeuille says

We will start no rookie before his time.

P.S.

Here are 2 drunk out takes of Orson Wells
doing a Paul Masson Wine commercial.

click here

If the coaching staff thought Barker was the better safety, he would start. He doesn't, so you can assume that Beveridge is the better player at this time. Most of us don't know the schemes being run by the defence on every given play. Sometimes the safety isn't back deep but Bradley or Thompson is because that is what Coach Marshall's scheme dictates. The Bombers defence has a lot of intercepts but I wouldn't take them over our guys.
I agree with Tommy Boy, the safety and the defence are not the problems. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)