Why did LIONS release Stephan LOGAN????

:cowboy:

Why on earth did the BC Lions release Stephan Logan. He has been one of the most exciting CFL football players to watch.
Another dumb decision by Wallyball.

Riders Will return! 8)

Not only Stefan Logan,also Tim Brown. Brown and Logan are number 1 and 2 in yards gained on punt and kick returns. I presume that Wally Buono,had to save $$ in order to pay for high salaries to Lulay, Eliminian, Bighill. The Lions are one of the worst CFL team on offense,defence and special teams. They must be thankful to the Riders,otherwise they would be 0-5.

Richard

Yet they wonder why their attendance is draining like sand through an hour glass.
Tim Brown was a big plus for the Stamps win last night.

Because they have a NAT RB named Murray-Lawrence who can back up their NAT starter Harris and also be top 3 in kick return yardage right up there with both Logan and Brown as we speak.

'Cause they're short-sited (no pun intended). Murray-Lawrence has been a surprise - they knew he had 4.4 speed, but they didn't realize he was a skilled kick returner when they drafted the running back. But he's not a punt returner which is what the Lions sorely need, and he only saw the field for 1 kick-off against Winnipeg.

Getting rid of Brown and Logan - especially without any assets coming back - was a mistake. Another in series of misjudgments from Buono and company.

Detroit or BC?

Well … We know why Detroit did.http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions … -yard-line

,,,lol, never seen that before..."M'yep, think I'll just give up on this one".....

Gotta give ya credit there Bungle........good find :slight_smile: I have to admit I've never heard or seen anything about this play before now. The look on the head coach's face on the sideline is absolutely priceless. :slight_smile:

Both Brown and Logan have been good compliments to Harris as well as both being great return guys on Kick offs and punts.
Both however are a bit older now and both probably a bit more expensive.
Salary cap era has caused teams to go younger and cheaper, especially when it comes to complimentary players.
Aside from National 2015 Pick in Murray they also have 2nd year pro in International Antolin.

Now if they would have let Harris go, then there would be a problem.

Same thing happens in other pro sports and the other league, NFL.
Why do you think the NFL has been signing more and more CFL young players of recent.

1. Opposed to a rookie free agent right out of NCAA at 22 yrs old. They get a player who has played a few years of pro football. coming from the same Universities they draft from. Only they have that pro experience, are mature in mid 20's (25 or so), and they get them for the NFL minimum for a rookie 1st year NFL player.

Great find Bungle - I had no idea either. I thought he was merely a victim of the stupid change in the rules to move the kickoff back to the 35-yard line. After hearing the remarks of the commentators, we'll probably never know what was wrong with him that day.

Needless to say.. That was the last time he ever touched the ball south of the 49th.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/27/bonehead-play-gets-stefan-logan-benched-as-lions-return-man/]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eturn-man/[/url]