Why are YOU a Ticats fan?

I rather laugh at all of whiners who are too fickel to support anything except themselves! I see over time lots of whiners miss out on great Cfl history because they doubt why people are fans and should just come out to the games and be a little more sociable! :wink:

(Wilf) I attended Prince of Wales from 1933 to 1939, so the stadium was right there beside us every day. When I was in High School, I had a Spec route in that same area. At that time there was a high green wood fence around the stadium. We used to lean our bikes against the fence, stand on the seats, and watch. We did this for practices and for the Saturday afternoon games.
Ah, memories. I had no idea Wilf, that your longevity extended way back to the early 1900s. Actually, I'm not that far behind you, having attended St. Ann's school at Sherman and Barton Streets from 1944 till 1951.

How well I recall the tall green fence surrounding the stadium. I scaled it many times, particularly when the Argo bus was parked up against it.

I recall your girlfriend too. All the guys liked her!

:D

I love that last line, oldtimer. I do appreciate a good joke.

What surprises me is this…If you attended St.Ann’s, I assume you went on to Cathedral High. Yet, in spite of that, you are now writing and actually composing complete sentences!
Ah, the wonders of adult education!.. Cheers, my friend.

I am a fan because of my dad, plain and simple.

As a kid growing up in the 80s, I always went to the Labour Day Classic, Black & Gold Game, etc, etc.

Then the 90s happened! The Cats had bad management and ownership problems and a terrible on field product.

It was in the 90s that I started cheering for a team out West. Let's be honest, Western football is much better to watch than the East. The standings are always closer and the fans (except for Hamilton) seem to be more passionate.

Then I discovered the NFL. My dad, cheered for the Doliphins but never really sat down and watched the games. I instantly got hooked on the Bills the same year that Flutie signed with them.

Let me make this clear, I hated Doug Flute in the CFL! I never liked him!

I watched the Bills and used to talk to a friend in Auto class about them every Monday! I was hooked!

It was from 1998 - 2005 that I really gave up watching the CFL. I would catch the odd game, and wouldn't really cheer for any particular team.

I would however watch the Grey Cup.

Then, Christmas 2005 came!

I couldn't decide what to get my dad for Christmas then I thought about season tickets for the Cats. I was able to get section 9 seats for $185 so I got him them, a seat for myself and one for a buddy.

I thought it might be a 1 season deal, follow the team a little bit and think about what I was going to do.

Then a few things happened! The Cats got Jason Maas, who I have always been a MAJOR fan of and I got to meet a lot of the quarterbacks at Damon Allens QB Challenge.

I guess 2006 wasn't that great a year to say I became hooked on the Cats but it was to me.

I ended up going to the game in Toronto and attended the fan appreciation day.

I finally realized that what I like most about sports was in my own backyard.

I like the fact that it's in my hometown. I cheer for the Bills but it wouldn't be the same as living in Buffalo.

This is why I love the Cats! I cheered for them as a little kid and now as a big kid I love them even more!

GO CATS GO!

Birth + Location + Taste.

:D :D :D

Oski Wee Brevity,

(Wilf) I love that last line, oldtimer. I do appreciate a good joke.

What surprises me is this...If you attended St.Ann's, I assume you went on to Cathedral High. Yet, in spite of that, you are now writing and actually composing complete sentences!
Ah, the wonders of adult education!.... Cheers, my friend.

Actually, I only went to Cathedral for one year, before transferring to Central Secondary and then, eventually, to Mac.

Thanks to my one year at Cathedral, I actually learned something. For instance, by the time I was 24, I was able to spell
F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L. Good thing too, because I love the game, particularly when it is played with 3 downs.

I also love your humour, old buddy.

Brand new fan here, I picked up a jersey and in learning more about it, I am learning more about this team. A buddy of mine lives in Guelph, he's been a lifetime fan, I am now finally checking them out. Better late than never!

Exactly.

We're always in the market for some new fans.

Yes we are.

PS. Rusty, did you get the posting a picture thing figured out yet?? :wink: