who's your favourite Tiger-Cat?

Garney Henley. Skinny little bespecaled kid with buckshot implanted in his skull. Played both ways and never ever gave up on anything. Faked his way through college with a severe reading disability so he could play football. QB's didn't like to throw his way and big guys hated to be hit by his 160 lb. bone rack. Off the field he was the consumate sportsman and gentleman and we had the pleasure of seeing his black and gold jersey in the HOF.

Walley Zatilny, and Lee Knight

Joe Montford was also my favourite when he was a Ticat. Then it was Tim Cheatwood. What a leathal combination those two were, eh?

Currently my favourite Ticat is Nick Setta.

I am a Notre Dame fan so I was happy to see a Fighting Irish alumi playing for the Ticats.

The fact that he kicks 50 yard field goals and can punt the ball 90+ yards helps, too!

keith

Tommy Joe Coffey

I second and third the above, he’s my hero!

Head and shoulders above all the rest, my all-time favorite is and will likely always be Ben Zambiasi.

My current - I hate to call it favorite, so i'll call it player I have the most respect for - is..well I guess was now that he's retired is Julian Radlein.

Other notables over the years: Tony Champion, Grover Covington, Rob Hitchcock, Troy Davis, Rocky DiPietro, Less Browne and Danny Mac.

Tommy Grant, great WR and lived in the east end near me. Often went to his store and talk football with him, great person.

Zeke(and destroy)Moreno.I also like Timmy Chang.I hope he is patient enough to stick around until he gets a chance here in Hamilton because I think he is going to be a good one.

Steveh named my top 3 in his full list-

Coffey - for the versatility and his string of scoring titles (I also loved his clutch receptions)

Henley - again, for the versatility and for showing that heart and speed count

Covington - gentle giant- feared on the field but always respected and liked by the other teams because of his morals and values

Current: Moreno

All Time: Mosca

Gotta go with Tony.

Nobody does "greatttttt" like he does :thup:

Garney Henley,Tommy Grant.O hell,they were ALL my faves!!!
bopp

when i started playing football about 5 years ago when i was 9 i started playing linebacker by dad use to tell me all these story about Ben Zambiasi.But by altime favorite player is rob hichcock and joe montford

If only they played in the same era. Pretty good set of bookends :wink:

All time favourites:

1. Joe Montford
  2. Earl Winfield

There’s so many others that are so close I can’t rank them. But these two guys are the ones that really made the game for me. If they weren’t in the game it was a huge hole. Since they left the team, still haven’t been effectively replaced (although maybe one of these receivers will emerge). A dominant rush end like Joe, comes along once in a fan’s lifetime (we were really lucky that we had Covington and Montford within our fan lifetimes).

Currently- Ryan Glasper (sorry Ryan, I know I just jinxed you) and Tony Miles.

All-time- Wayne Lee.

Honourable mention

Grover Covington, Derrick McAdoo, Bobby Dawson (the second one), Mike Walker, Tony Champion, Earl Winfield and Jamie Boreham.

I could probably list so many more.

Right now, Lumsden and Moreno.

For me, current edition, Moreno.

Love all the other names being given in years past, Henley and Mosca sure stand out.

But I'd add one name that is missing from this thread, and I don't really know why.

Hal Patterson.

Like Henley, a class act.

all-time: Joe Montford

Now: Zeke Moreno

Henley (anyone who can draft a deadman is a legend)
I wore my number 26 till it fell apart...I had my signed copy of "Gentleman and a Tiger"...He made glasses cool....