who's to blame in Ottawa?

I'm not saying to be a fan you HAVE to TG, but I always like a good party! I don't get drunk to the point I can't enjoy the game, but I do it to socails with other fans.

These past couple of years, Ivor Wynne has had a pre-game party, with games and contests and bands and free stuff and great food...who needs tailgating?

BigDave, is this in the northwest corner of the stadium? There is a band there before games which we watch and then go over to the end zone and watch the visiting team with their pre-game warm-up. I enjoy the atmosphere there in front of the tents people walking back and forth. It's great.

No KK, don't get me wrong, tailgaiting is fine but I remember going to a couple of Bills games on a bus from Hamilton and there were idiots on the bus, just way too drunk and then just too much drinking in the parking lot. Not something I would bring my current wife to. I don't like it when people get too hammered they become idiots. A good party, yes, for sure and the socializing is great, that is something I miss not tailgaiting but my wife isn't into this stuff so no go.

Cough ball and chain cough cough.

Just teasing. In Ottawa, Lonie wanted those type of kids at the games getting hammered and eventually fights would break out. I've been to a Bills game and the kids are the ones getting caught trying to bring in beer after they've had more than a few at the tailgate. Having a few beers is fine, just temper yourself, take some responsibility for your actions and enjoy the game of football.

Seriously ABC, that Lonie wanted these kids getting hammered? That's sad, good ridance to him, Ottawa fans don't need this type of encouragement from the organization. That is bad, I don't blame people for being pissed in Ottawa if this was encouraged by this guy.
I will say this can be one of the problems with football compared with other more quiet sports.

I live in the ottawa area. I go to about 2 to 3 games a year. This is my take on the Renegades.

1. Prices.
    I looked into buying season tickets. There was no discount or advantage. It was the same price for season tickets or going to all the home games in the exact same seats. So why bother? This was before and during Lonnie's reign. He discounts the seat prices and he sells 124% more seats in the cheap section. Go figure!!!!

2. The city.
    How about some support! Gees!! The people who live in the area of Frank Clair stadium spend more time calling the cops, then attending the games. It is too loud. It is dirty. It is....support the city for heaven sakes. Have you tried driving there? Buses? I belive there could be some improvements. And the media. Spent all their time bashing Loonie. Even here. I am not saying he was the right or wrong person, but don't jump down his throat because there was a drunk person on the South side! Say it wasn't so! At least they tried some ideas. What did the other guys do?

3. The product.
    Love Joe Paopao. He was not getting the job done. Sorry guys. Face it. In my book you don't always have to win, but you have to be competitive, and we weren't. He was there 3 years, and 3 years with a losing record. Greg Marshall came from Edmondton to solidify the defence, and those boys could not cover a deep ball to save their life. Brad Banks could not cover everything back there. Alot of GREAT talent has come throught Ottawa, and we aren't using them correctly. You have to look at the coaching. Personally i would have gone after Dave Ritchie. Even if he had a losing season, we know he can get the job done. I bet you he would love to get back in the game and beat Winipeg at the Grey Cup

Well that is my rant. I am looking forward to the new season. Have you seen what Hamilton has been doing?!! Look out! The management of the gades should go and spend a month with the ticat's owner. We could call it "How to turn your losing team into a profitable one" hands on course!!

Rob :slight_smile:

He never said those exact words, but logically what happens when you attract college aged kids to a sports event? They drink. The odds are that they will overdrink as kids don’t have that maturity on when to stop. What happens when they get drunk? They fall on people, cause arguments and make a nuisance of themselves. The proof of this was the annual Panda Game.

Spkrman, that's the glebites complaining. They can't stand having entertainment in their area. That's why the Exhibition is going to move even though its at a perfect location. That's why they were going to make condominiums in the parking lot there at one time. They have no sense of the greater picture, just that its an inconvenience to them.

That’s the one.

spkrman15, are you serious that season tickets cost the same as what those tickets would cost if bought individually? That’s dumb. That actually acts as a deterrent to buying season tickets, since if you have to miss one game, you’re out the cash.

As for people complaining, when did Lansdowne Park open? Was it not there when those houses were built, or at least when those people moved in? If so, then who are they to complain about the noise from the stadium? Some neighbours complain about the noise from Ivor Wynne, which ticks me off since it’s been there since before they were born, when there were no houses around; but most people embrace it, and make some cash by charging people to park in their driveways and on their lawns.

I think Paopao is a great offensive co-ordinator; but perhaps he just isn’t a good head coach. Nothing against him, some people just don’t have what it takes to be the top dog. Don Sutherin was the same way: a defensive genius, but totally unsuccessful as a head coach.

This comment about the season tickets - not true. You had the $99 dollar packages available last year (you cannot buy a single game ticket for $10 dollars), and this year my season ticket was $280 grand total, everything included for 50-yard line lower deck - where a single game ticket is a lot more than $28 bucks per game - I think it was $70 last year. They've had big savings for season-tickets holders since day 1 in 2002.

I'm glad to hear that. The other way would make no sense. :slight_smile: