Who's going to watch the SuperBowl XL ?

Actually yes I do.

Thats see watch the football game or wash the car or trucks hmmmmm. Dam I wash them all!

.......regarding scoring, to me the new NHL is more wide open (kind of like the CFL relative to the NFL) where the old NHL was more of a grudge match (sort of like the NFL can be).

I agree with your take on the new NHL, packman.

Dont get me wrong I like the new NHL, but I liked the tough hockey. Now you get called for looking sideways at a guy. Also, a shootout is no way to win a game. And whats with the goalies being allowed to touch the puck sometimes, but not others? That part confuses me.

one thing ive noticed about the shootout is that it brings out the casual fan. some of my sports hating friends will not watch any hockey game cause they find it boring, but still catch the shootout if it comes to that. could just be because its new.

Hey, I'm not complaining about the new NHL. My local team has gone from rags to riches because of it. However, sometimes a 1-0 or 2-1 defensive grudge match (like the old days), to me is as entertaining as a 5-3 goal fest. I wished they'd left hockey alone, with the exception that I am glad they got the queen size matresses off the goalies.

Regardless, I think you can look at the NFL and CFL in the same manner (at times, the extremes can be 14-10 grudge match vs. 51-46 shootout). To me, I obviously like both, or I wouldn't be posting here about the CFL. I just wish they'd show more CFL games here, down south.

Don't get me wrong there either. It is interesting and fun to watch, but I just dont think its a proper way to win a game. You play hard for 65 minutes and it comes down to 6 shots.

Ah yes, there is nothing like an exciting 10-6 defensive struggle. To each his own, but give me an exciting wide open high scoring game versus a so called defensive struggle anythine. Hence, the comparison between the CFL and NFL.

shootout.........I agree, shootouts are no good. That's what made hockey unique, that ties happened and it was OK. If anything, they could play a 5:00 OT period, sudden death style.

10-6......naaaaah. That must have been the Texans and 49ers playing. 14-10 is as low as I go. Prefer 21-17 or 24-21. To me, it doesn't matter....I love football and I love both the CFL and NFL.

I actually don't mind the shootouts, it's a bit exciting, BUT I'm just really happy they never implemented the shootouts in the playoffs. There is nothing better than a double overtime game.

As far as the rules go, yes they are calling it tight but it definitely allows for better hockey than in the past few years. It allows the faster players to skate and the big slow guys have to keep up to them or risk getting a penalty. In the past the big slow lumbering guys would just hook a player and bring them back to them. That sucked watching as a fan.

OT is sudden death.

Yeah, it makes it faster but they still call too much.

There's OT as in, you play 5 minutes and who ever is leading after 5 min. wins. Or, there is OT where you play a total of 5 minutes, but the first to score wins (whether at the 5 minute mark or the 5 second mark). The latter is my definition of sudden death.

The CFL overtime format is the best, like the best football game on any side of the border in recent time showed during the Grey Cup.

They do play sudden death OT. If no one scores though, then they go to the shootout.

Yah they do call do much, they have to find that happy medium between the 2003 season and this year's season. But at least a hook is a hook now and it's called at any point in the game.

But I really believe the calling of the rules will allow the skilled players to shine. I know from playing hockey there is nothing more frustrating then having a team hooking you all game long because they cannot skate as fast as you. If they learn how to skate better they won't have to hook.

your right, they need to call it but not as much.

I don't care for the CFL OT method. It's similar to U.S. college. I think the game should be played as in regulation. The only reason OT format doesn't work in the NFL is because the kickers can kick too far. If they'd widen the hash marks to CFL width, that would reduce the average NFL kicker's range to 40 yards vs. 45-50 yards and make OT more interesting.

As far as the best game on each side of the border, I like them all.