Who would you cut?

Well sure, I just prefer not to comment on spelling… unless the mistake is something hilarious.

Looking at the numbers -- Going into the second pre-season game there were 71 on the Active Roster. That means 25 have to be moved from that list by the Saturday cutdown deadline. Of those 25, up to 7 can then be added to the Practice Roster meaning that 18 will have to be released, traded, suspended, put on an Injury List or retire. Wouldn't surprise me to see all five options employed.

See the $ thing is what I was thinking of. I don’t know how you cut a guy who makes a 50 yarder. I know he missed on a 20 but OMG a 50 yarder lol.

I would hate to be the coach making these decisions. There are going to be some very talented players cut from this team (which is a good and a bad thing). I would hate to see McDaniel go. He was almost a 1000 yard receiver last year and made some very difficult catches. I know he had some big drops, but I really like the guy. B Grant had a few big drops so I really thought he’s be the one to get cut, but then he redeemed himself. His height really helped him out on that big play. I guess all this babbling really means that I have NO idea who I would cut. I really can’t pick. It’s probably the most competitive camp I’ve seen in a long time.

In the same breath though Medlock has been known for being money no matter how far out he is and he's been primarily a FG kicker his whole career.Nobody said cuts were going to be as easy as any other year, but unfortunately for Wilbur I think Medlock has the job.Same with Bakari Grant.He's proved all camp that he can go toe to toe with Kelly hands wise but he's much faster.Yesterday he showed that he deserves the roster spot more than Kelly as he made big plays whereas Kelly mostly just dropped the football.Terry Grant heavily outplayed Milner and did a little better in Toronto as well so this should be a no brainer.

I think the quality of players in camp is very good and this will serve us well in the effort to move up the competitive ladder.

I don't envy the coaches in making decisions about who should be cut. It is the most wrenching part of any business to tell someone who has been doing his best that he is out of a job.

They would be stupid to release Marquay McDaniel.

Care to explain…
who would you release then?

Drew Edwards said on twitter that most if not all of the cuts should be made this afternoon. I like that, give the guys who make the team a few days to get settled in before preparation begins for the opener.

MCDANIEL, M HAM 76 994 13.1 37 7

Stats do not lie, yes he had a few drops last year, but so did every other reciever in the league. The guy has play making abilities. IMO McDaniel stays, Grant goes to PR, Kelly goes to PR or released.

actually stats can lie a lot.
I like McDaniel, but I think he had to many drops last year.

I think McDaniel’s best days are yet to come, but they may very well not be in Black & Gold. The Cats go by their “Better is Better” rule. Better is obviously decided by their assessment of the players’ overall value to their team, not by comparing players’ stats. In support of this observation, I give you some other stats:

Rushing
Name Year Team Att Yards Avg Long TD Fumb
COBB, D 2009 HAM 216 1,217 5.6 40 5 5
COBB, D 2010 HAM 227 1,173 5.2 52 8 4
Career Total 443 2,390 5.4 52 13 9

Stats do not lie, yes he had a few drops last year, but so did every other reciever in the league. The guy has play making abilities. IMO McDaniel stays, Grant goes to PR, Kelly goes to PR or released.
[/quote]
I think McDaniel's best days are yet to come, but they may very well not be in Black & Gold. The Cats go by their "Better is Better" rule. Better is obviously decided by their assessment of the players' overall value to their team, not by comparing players' stats. In support of this observation, I give you some other stats:

Rushing
Name Year Team Att Yards Avg Long TD Fumb
COBB, D 2009 HAM 216 1,217 5.6 40 5 5
COBB, D 2010 HAM 227 1,173 5.2 52 8 4
Career Total 443 2,390 5.4 52 13 9
[/quote]
That is why I'm not saying they should outright release guys like Kelly or B Grant, put them on the PR until they can prove they are 'Better'. As of right now McDaniel has proven he can play in the CFL at a high level, and that is why I think he should stay.

Did I miss something? Did our Canadian safety Dylan Parker (I think his name is) play? Is he still on the team?
Thanks

They have to keep the two Grant boys, Kelly and Williams and take time and really give these guys a good look, there's some very good talent there. What a great kicking show, good luck to the coaches with this one. :thup: Will Steele be able to hold down his DLine job?

It’s Barker and he’s injured.

LEE did alright, but Young got beat badly by a AC pass.

OnKnight :lol:

OnKnight???

:roll: Fail.

Like his power but Milner might be squeezed out.

The first half of the 18 I referred to have been named. The 3 NIP JRS – #46 - George, #58 Varallo and #76 Distan in addtion to the 6 named here:

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-transactions-june-23_]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-tra ... s-june-23_[/url]