Who will lead the league in attendance this year

I know the eskimos will lead the league in attendance this year again we have every year since the Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal.
order and average per game predictions
1 Edmonton 40,000
2 Calgary 33,000
3 Hamilton between 26,000-28,000
4 Toronto between 26,000-28,000
5 B.C. between 26,000-28,000
6 Winnipeg 25,000
7 Saskatchewan 23,500 so called best fans And yes I know Regina is small
8 Ottawa 22,500 if they have good season if not 18,000 and toast
9 Montreal Approx 21,000 to bad McGill doesn’t hold more

This is sort of a dumb question is it not? The Eskies for sure they have the stadium that seats 60,000 and they will win for sure. Calgary could be second, Montreal third

How could Montreal be third, when for 8 of the 9 regular season games they are limited to 20,002 people?
The smallest crowd in the entire 2004 season: 20,002 (8 times).
The last game sell-out of the Big Owe allowed them to move to 8th in attendance, but to even average 25,000 they would need about 5,000 more seats.

I would agree Dave except that they failed miserably at the gate when in Olympic Stadium. I got the impression that it was more that the venue was user unfriendly than anything else? Do you or any posters feel that the Als would draw similar crowds to Edmonton if they had a similar stadium. I am still sceptical about that myself.

Cheers

I agree Dave. There’s no way Montreal will be 3rd in attendance this year unless every other team tanks at the box office. They are seriously constrained by capacity at Molson Stadium. 1 date at the Big Owe will bump them up a bit, but they can’t really afford to play more games there since the fans don’t like it.

Look for the Als to be 7th at best.

supertoe
Posted: May 29, 2005 - 11:48 PM

I would agree Dave except that they failed miserably at the gate when in Olympic Stadium. I got the impression that it was more that the venue was user unfriendly than anything else? Do you or any posters feel that the Als would draw similar crowds to Edmonton if they had a similar stadium. I am still sceptical about that myself.

Cheers

To give my opinion on your hypothetical question supertoe, yes I do believe the Als would draw similar to Edmonton if they had the room outdoors, as a matter of fact I think the Als would draw better! Of course ticket prices in Edmonton are about the lowest in the league and in Montreal are the highest by far in the league.

I know that Edmonton leads in the season ticket sales, what would be intresting is what is Montreals ticket sales with the 2000 on the waiting list?

“I know that Edmonton leads in the season ticket sales, what would be intresting is what is Montreals ticket sales with the 2000 on the waiting list?”

What is interesting about Montreals ticket sales? We all know what Montreals ticket sales are and will be. They sellout every game at Molson and at the Big O. They can’t sell any more tickets. Period!

I was talking about the SEASON tickest.

Montreal season ticket sales with the waiting list added would be at 19200 to start with. Then you could expect several thousand more than that if they had the room. And if they had the room, I would also expect the prices of tickets to go way down, compareable to what other teams pay.

Just to clear something up, I wasn’t referring to their attendance prior to moving to Molson Stadium. Attendance was definitely poor in those days. I was referring to their last home game of last season, when they filled Olympic Stadium to allow their average attendance to increase beyond the 20000-odd seats at Molson.

That was a weird game in terms of attendance, though. They got more people during the regular season game at the big O than at the playoff game. Then again, the same thing happened in Edmonton (lower attendance in playoffs than in season). But Montreal has an excuse (well, Edmonton has the weather), that being that the big O sucks for everything, football especially. Did you notice how far the sidelines were from the fans? I wonder what is was like when the Montreal Machine were there playing on an NFL sized field!

That was becaus ethe CFL scheduled the Eastern final at night, which doesn’t help getting the fans out in Montreal. Should have been in the afternoon like the other games.

The final was at 7pm on a sunday night.
I think lots of people didnt like the late start plus they would have missed most of the western final in order to go to the eastern final