Who will be first to be injured? McMannus or Allen

We all know that McMannus and Allen are a tad outside of their prime years (physically at least) which got me to thinking. Who will be the first to be injured, or for that matter, retire.

I predict McMannus will retire at the end of this year. You would have to think that Allen must be thinking along those lines as well, but he seems to have a few energizer batteries stuck in crevices we don't really want to acknowledge.

If one of them is to get injured, I feel like McMannus was losing more of his step than Allen so I will predict McMannus will be the first to fall.

Any thoughts.

I wish they’d both retire, but seeing as how Allen’s ego is as big as Toronto’s ego, I hope he goes down first. At least McManus has the courage to acknowlede he’s not the #1 QB in the league, but Allen is still dreaming.

Actually, I dread the thought but I think it will be Dickenson. Hopefully his knee has fully recovered. I don't think age will lead to injury for Allen because the man is always in top shape. McManus is a tough horse with the fastest release in the league and should have a solid o-Line in front of him. Actually if I played I would have the fastest 2 yard release...straight into the turf. :shock: This icon resembles my reaction to the blitz.

Actually, I dread the thought but I think it will be Dickenson. Hopefully his knee has fully recovered. I don't think age will lead to injury for Allen because the man is always in top shape. McManus is a tough horse with the fastest release in the league and should have a solid o-Line in front of him. Actually if I played I would have the fastest 2 yard release...straight into the turf. :shock: This icon resembles my reaction to the blitz.

Nah, DD will be solid this year. He’s had time to recover from his past injuries and then some. That’s a good one, my reaction would be :x Then I’d get sacked and fumble and my reaction would be :shock:

If I had to pick who would be injured first between McManus or Allen I would go with Allen. Overall I think the first QB to go down in injury is Marcus Crandell because he's a weenie. :shock:

Danny Mac would be my guess. Another concusion and I think he'll retire at the end of the season.

Allen better hope he goes down with injury this year if he doesn't want to get his a** wooped by the Als dominant offense.

Considering what these 2 QB's gave to the game, I would love to see them both go out in style playing in the Eastern final with the Ti-Cats winning to advance to the Grey Cup against the Riders so that we all could relive one of the greatest Grey Cups ever (1989)!

That being said, Allen probably will get injured first.

Dys...

Personally I think Allen should have went out on top at the end of last year...Do the John Elway thing, and be your last memory of the CFL holding up the cup. It will be tough for him to play two more years with out getting injured. The Argos will be very competitive again this year, but why risk it. They should start investing in the future!!

What future? Bishop? :stuck_out_tongue:

First game of the season: Nealon Greene

I pick Kneelon to go down first.

thats what i was about to say

Funny you guys picked Neolon....I wrote a "Marty York" tongue and cheek on the huddle.

Nealon will injure his other knee. Rockey Butler will come into lead Sask to a play off berth. The Saskatchewan fans will call him the Greatest QB since Ron Lancaster. But Winnipeg, with new owner Izzy Asper, will sign Butler in the offseason as a free agent. Sask fans will cry Salary Cap violation, call him a traitor. Finally Calgary fans will be bored because there will be no Burris trash talking with the Rider fans anymore, because the Rider fans will be trashing the Winnipeg fans.

Hows that for a Marty York Report!

allen may go down...but at least he gets up. he's 41 yrs. old. last season he was supposed to be out all season, and came back to be MVP. He is the number 3 all time RUSHER in the CFL, and number passer behing warren moon. you cant say anything bad about him, because he's still runnin around like he's 35. 'd like to see you guys doin that when ur 40 ( althoguh some of you probably are )

Hey Sporty, Izzy croaked, but son David would jump at the opportunity to purchase the bombers, so anything is possible.

Actually Dickenson had knee surgery previously, came back, and then had another knee injury. He has had three surgeries on this knee which should tell you something about how injury prone he is. He will get hit again on this knee sometime again during the season and the same thing will happen all over again. Don't you think opposing linebackers will be gunning for his knee, knowing that it can't take a hit. If it happens again, I can guarantee you he will retire or he will be released or traded by the Lions. I think the Lions should trade Dickenson now while he still has some value, otherwise if he has another knee injury no other team will take him even if he recovers, yet again.

Sportsmen,
You missed the part about Marcus Crandell and Paul McCallum making the jump to the NFL making the Riders cry foul that the NFL has too much money to spend.

You know you are right about DD being injury prone. I agree the Lions should have settled this before this season starts. I can not believe that this will put a strain on the offense with two starting QB's regardless of Wally telling the press or not that there are not going to be problems. If I were Wally I would sing your future Hall of Fame QB and send DD to another team regardless of what you may get in return. DD is good but injuries seem catch up with him. He truely is a QB made of glass. Good player though!
But now that Wynn is moved and again I would have traded DD and Wynn would have been happy being the number 2 man and no problems. If Wally does not sign Printers this could very well be tragic for the Lions. Take Care