Who Wil Sell Out The Most Home Games This Year???

I know that this poll will probably be very biased considering who your favourite team is. Just curious as to what everybody else thinks for it. Anways im a ti-cats fan but i think Montreal will sell out the most which isnt hard when u have like the smallest stadium in the CFL

They sell out every game, and you are going to ge a lot of Montreal fans on here saying so.

That’s not really a fair comparison. Selling out Commonwealth Stadium is a lot more impressive than selling out Molson Stadium.

Of the stadiums with 25,000 or more seats (what I call a “CFL-sized stadium”), I think Hamilton will sell out the most games, at least based on last year’s numbers (I think it was 3 complete sellouts, and close to a sellout in all the others, with total attendance something like 94% of capacity.) We’ll probably get 5 or 6 complete sellouts in the regular season.

Toronto and B.C. will probably get good attendance, but likely won’t get any sellouts because their stadiums are so big.

Edmonton and Calgary get the most people, but the size of their stadiums make them hard to sell out. Nevertheless they’ll probably each get a couple.

Winnipeg and Saskatchewan will probably each get a couple, probably around Labour Day and towards the end of the season.

Ottawa…well…we love Ottawa.

In Commoneealth the capacity is 60,081, we may sell out when Calgary comes to town, but thats about it.

Montreal will have the most sellouts - Edmonton will have the most people by a considerable margin. It’s as simple as that.

Montreal does only seat 20,000 people but if you count the 5000 on the season ticket waiting list it brings it up to the 25000 seat CFL count that BigDave refers to. :roll:

HAMILTON set an all time attendee record last year and had 3 sell outs.
They will have more this year.LABOUR DAY …ect… :smiley:

Eliminating Montreal because its a done deal…10 sell outs, I would guess Calgary has the next best chance of leading the sell outs.

I know there was a post some where around here that had attendance figures, maybe some one can point me to a posting on the old forum that may have had a posting from last year. Was there a list of sell outs from last year?

Other than Montreal, I would expect Calgary to sell out the most, games against Edmonton and saskatchewan are pretty much always sell outs and then if they get on a roll, pretty much any game could sell out.

How does Edmonton do for attendance when Saskatchewan is in town?

Not as well sa you would think usualy only 36/38 to like 43/45 somewhere arround there. But man are there ever a lot of Rider down in the South East corner.

:? How much do people on the waiting list pay?

You could have 100,000 people on a waiting list, and it won’t change your attendance figures.

There is no doubt it is going to be Montreal, their stadium only holds 20,000.

BigDave
I assume that people who are on the list would buy tickets if they were available. Maybe not all of them but most.

Yes, but the number on a waiting list, whether it’s 1 or 1 million, is irrelevant. If the place is full, it’s full, and all those people are going home without buying tickets, and without being counted in the league’s attendance figures.

Montreal will sellout every game including the big O game and no other team will come close. But my pick for second most would be Hamilton.

The question should not be who will get the most sell-outs because everybody knows it will be Montreal. The question should be who will lead the league in attendance.
And I guarantee that it’s going to be us in Edmonton we have lead the league in attendance since the Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal. And in 2004 we averaged about 40,000 which is about 10,000 more than the second place Calgary Stampeders which isn’t even close.
Everybody is Saying Montreal has a waiting list of about 5,000 people which would give them about 25,000 season ticket holders well in Edmonton we’re basically at 25,000 season ticket holders which also leads the league so is any city finally going to challange us in that department.
Go Eskimos
CFL4life

"The question should not be who will get the most sell-outs because everybody knows it will be Montreal. The question should be who will lead the league in attendance.
And I guarantee that it’s going to be us in Edmonton we have lead the league in attendance since the Baltimore Stallions moved to Montreal. And in 2004 we averaged about 40,000 which is about 10,000 more than the second place Calgary Stampeders which isn’t even close.
Everybody is Saying Montreal has a waiting list of about 5,000 people which would give them about 25,000 season ticket holders well in Edmonton we’re basically at 25,000 season ticket holders which also leads the league so is any city finally going to challange us in that department.
Go Eskimos "

Montreal will lead the league in sellouts including the BigO game and in my opinion would also lead the league in attendance if they had the room.
I expect people to say well they don’t have the room and you can’t speculate like that. To them I say Yes I can!

How was Montreal’s attendance when they played every game in the Big O? I think a lot of the demand for tickets in Montreal comes from the fact, that it is virtually impossible to go to the games if you don’t have season’s tickets. In Edmonton, you could walk up to virtually any game and buy good seats, yet they still have a strong season ticket base.

I am only talking about having the room at the outdoor stadium, I would not say the same thing if they played at the Big O.
Anyway Edmonton have great fans, I’m not saying they don’t, but so do Montreal and we have a population of 3.5 million.

In that case you have to factor in that the big o is a piece of crap and is far away from where the bulk of montrealers live and the commute is just too long by car its around a 45 minute drive if you live in the middle of the island.

Judging attendance figures is always difficult because there is no fixed size for stadiums and Ive been on both ends of it the habs get hte highest average attendance but the leaf fans argue that if they had something the size of the bell centre theyd fill it up even more and hte als sell out every game but the stadium is so small so we say if it was bigger itd still sell out.

The eskimos should easily have the highest attendance because commonwealth stadium is so massive compared to the other stadiums in the league and montreal should sell out the most games because their stadium is so small