Who Uses This Forum?

I for one am a fan of the Al s as well as the CFL.
There are many posters here who contribute interesting posts that I enjoy, be it about the players, the X and O's and football in general.

By the way, what ever happened to some of the 1-7 posters who showed up to circle the carcass?

There was the gentleman who knew Ameet Pall who said the defensive players all hated Thorpe. Hopefully the hate on continues.

And there was the gentleman who correctly knew about the Erik Campbell firing, but stated that Popp went into the tank as soon as Marcel Desjardins left.

While I`ve probably complained one too many times about lack of posters, it is interesting to look at the Als Twitter numbers.

Alouettes have 70,000 followers. By comparison:

Hamilton - 57,000
Toronto - 65,000 (also pleasantly surprising)
Ottawa - 35,000
Sask. - 112,000 (not surprising)

I`m not a social media expert, but it does show that Als fans must be a fairly young demographic.

Yes it was a good surprise to note that we have more Forum followers than Hamilton. Ditto Toronto. I use this Forum daily. I basically get 95 % of my Alouette information from this site and, from the site of cfl.ca in general. I have been pleased lately that the Montreal fans have been including material from the French newspapers. Those participating on this Form have a great knowledge of football in general and, of the Alouette football team. My first click every day is to the Alouette forum. I would be completely lost without this.

Niagara please note my numbers quoted were for those who are following their teams on Twitter.

Well, Sheldon, I’d like to see at least a portion of those 70,000, the local ones anyway, show up at Als’ games.

Fora like these are great places to discuss various aspects about our favourite teams, football in general…but actually attending games, to me, is the best way of participating. Three teams have built or refurbished their stadia, with the possibility of expanding their seating capacity. There is nothing I personally would like more than to see every game sold out, or just about.

I just hope that Canadians take a greater interest in the sport, that the CFL, its sponsors…etc. find ways to market the game better, to get lots of kids involved in football, and generally to promote the game. To me, football is the ultimate team sport.

Actually when it comes to followers on these forums the Ti-Cat forum is by far and away the forum with the most traffic and interest by a long shot. The Alouettes forum is a distant 2nd overall and the Argo’s site is a virtual ghost town with very little use and traffic. Overall though outside of the Cat forum I regularly check out the CFL main forum, off Topic and for other teams by far this forum. As for the other team’s forums I will occasionally check out the Bombers, REDBLACKS and Riders forums. As for the rest of the teams I rarely visit as it seems like no on posts with any regularity on the other teams forums.
I’ve also on occasion posted in the Al’s forum and also REDBLACKS and Bombers as well,and for the most part have been treated pretty well by fellow members with a few exceptions. In fact I’ve also noticed quite a few of the contributors and posters in the Cat’s forum are Alouette fans such as D&P, Hfx, Madjack,LeStaf and of course yourself Niagara among others. I’ve also had a lot of fun taking jabs at your resident class clown the one and only Johnny who has given me some great material for a lot of my posts :lol: Anyways that’s my 2 cents worth for what it matters as a fan from the Hammer :slight_smile: CHEERS :thup: Over and Out !!! :cowboy:

Here is the Breakdown on team by team fan interest and traffic in these Forums:

Hamilton…432,876 posts…20,707 topics
Montreal…56,616 posts…2,871 topics
Saskatchewan…42,791 posts…3,208 topics
Winnipeg…42,197 posts…2,690 topics
British Columbia…19,006 posts…2,241 topics
Ottawa…12,275 posts…699 topics
Edmonton…9,545 posts…873 topics
Toronto…5,972 posts…757 topics
Calgary…5,287 posts…637 topics

Thanks for posting the figures Bobo. Whenever I lurk on the Cats forum I see you guys are doing a great job.

I go back to the days of Trimble, Faloney, Barrow, Henley, and still cry once a week over the Patterson trade. So I have a great deal of respect (not necessarily love :smiley: ) for the Tiger Cat football culture.

As far as figures for the some of the other teams, we have to keep in mind that the Argos, Esks, and Roughriders also have independent forums.

I guess my figures were not what I though they were. Hamilton is certainly the largest fan based group to use cfl.ca forum. I daily read all the material on the TiCat site. The fan support on its Forum is superb. I believe the TiCats fans will really endorse the team this year as they have to be the best in the East at this point in time. We were pleased to get Giguere and LeFevour on our side. My biggest TiCat concern at this point is for the number two QB position. I have not been impressed by Masoli last season. I hope that Cornell QB works out for you.

I agree. In the off season the Ti-Cats forum is as good or better than the main CFL thread for general CFL topics. In season, well we all get a little too “partisan”.

My Dad had been a long time Als fan when that deal was made and I know how much it “annoyed” him. I technically attended games as early as '63, but only because he had three seats and the couldn’t find sitters for some games. I really started in '69. Have to say I am glad I didn’t have to live through that. For a true Als fan that would be worse than Chelios for Savard, drafting Wickenheiser, even the Gomez trade.

I'm an Als fan, but certainly not as knowledgeable as the core group here.

Like many others I come here to get most of my news and especially detailed analysis on the Als that is simply far beyond the high-level information we get from the limited local media that cover the team.

I'll post once in a while during the season, but in most cases the regulars here only seem to reply to each other.. so it can feel like you're posting for nothing. Therefore I mainly just read instead.