WHO STAYS??

So i was bored and decided to make a list of blue bomber players i feel should be back next season and on the team..

RB-REID or BERNARD (Id trade 1 of them for a receiver like kelly campbell)
OL-MORLEY,LABBATTE,KHAN. (solid group right there, JANUARY by default aswell but id like to see an all canadian oline if possible,and ofcourse we all know we need help at guard opposite LABATTE)
WR-BOWMAN,EDWARDS,ARTHUR,HARGREAVES. (thes are all the guys we have, 1 not signed that i consider any good at this point, Brock Ralph can be traded with the rb)

DL-WILLIS,BROWN,DSMITH,GWALLS,HUNT,ORAMASIONWU (solid,group, id take eddie steele if he was available when we draft)
LB-LOBENDAHN,LABBE. (we need help, ike imo is a year older and slower, shabazz went missing after week 4, we need guys here, greenwood in the draft? bring back training camp standout jasper johnson? i dunno but this imo, is our weakest spot outside of receiver.
DB-JOVON,LWALLS,BSTEWART.LROWAN(JOVONS COUSIN) solid group for sure. B PARKER anyone?
S-LOGAN,BROWNE. (KORDIC/GALLANT) or maybe a draft pick.
K-SERNA
P-RENAUD
LS-CVETKOVIC

Not included is qb's.. I personally like the upside of Santos and i like the potential in Dimichele, they are 2 solid prospects. Id like to see both brought back and both fight it out for the number 1 job.... lefors? i dunno, bring him back. wouldnt hurt i guess. jyles? sure sign him if hes willing to compete and be a we player.. bishop? i dunno what you do with him. Trade him to toronto b4 the draft for some draft picks? LOL.

lINEBACKERS AND RECEIVERS are #1 priority for me tho... if im mack and his bird dogs, im looking for these guys.
im always looking for a qb too but im happy with who i have in the stable.

You have said a lot,but I am only going to chime in on offense.

RB`s, you speak of trading one, what if one gets hurt(will happen) so bad idea.

WR I think Bombers are in good shape, now it also depends on your qb. Bishop had begun to develop something very special with Brock Ralph(exact words from Matt Dunigan,and agreed with by Jock Climy(sp) ) I do not need either of those guys to tell me that btw.

Bishop has a chemistry going with Bowman as well! Now if you are dumping Bishop that is another story? As for your joke that Bish could laughingly be traded to Argos?? Not so funny, mind you it would have to be the suggestion from Braly because people generally do not go back to someone they tossed out, human nature. And assuming Rita is still going to be the GM is unlikely. Mind you we really do not know Rita`s feelings on Bishop, we only have rumors from CFL insider etc.

I am also very excited about Santos, I especially like the guy because he has a nice smile and is very likeable :roll: I love the celabration dance he has after he comes in and runs 12 inches for a td, twice I believe. I especially am excited about his throwing abilities, I have seen him throw??? Wait a minute, he has not completed a CFL pass, but sign him long term because of that killer smile :lol:

ill take the smile :smiley: and your man lovin is going insanely far...

bishop is like 400 years old.. he throws interceptions, when games matter,he sucks....
santos is like 25 years old, a year or so on the als pr/ir...preseason 21/27 zero ints. looks like a promising guy. most everyone seems to feel santos has the "it" factor. atleast the cfl experts and such...

if bish comes back he better be a team player and 2nd or 3rd string "mentor" but im not sure if id want a guy who can barely put a sentence together and throws interceptions as my mentor.

bishop is good tho if u want mediocrity... and a .500 record but i want better. i know bishop cant do that.. im not willing to go 7-11 or 8-10 or 9-9 with bishop as starter but with santos, dimichele,lefors(OH YEAH LEFORS), ncaa prospect....that would be acceptable.

we need to go with the best young qb we have and let him play and santos and lapolice are both new hampshire guys, both love the spread offense, lapolice spoke highly of santos, nooot soo much of the bish... i dunno. what do they knowtho... experts ha

Reid
Bernard
Morley
January
Labatte
Khan
Edwards
Bowman
Ralph
Arthur
Hargreaves
Stephenson

Brown
The Rookie beside him last season...
G Walls
Willis
Shabazz
Charleton
L Walls
Logan
J Johnson

Our Kickers

That's about all I think are shoe ins.

glad to see some other people see a RB being expendable personally tho i don't want to see Bernard go if we do decide to trade one i'd rather it be Reid. When i watch Bernard play i see glimpses of Charles Roberts with his abilities to make people miss quick on his feet, where Reid on the other hand is good only if there is a hole and can run north and south and bernard just seems to be able to make that 1st guys miss more times than Reid can which i think is huge in CFL or football in general.

WR- Edwards, Bowman, Arthur, than hopefully we can land a receiver or a couple Campbell hopefully and maybe Watkins and if we are lucky have Titus Ryan come back for NFL

Oline- I agree with everyone we need another 1 or 2 solid linemen and we should be fine

Dline- is just amazing i think i don't know how we are gonna be able to keep everyone maybe someone will also be trade bait and out of all of them i hope its Gavin Walls not that he isn't good i just see alot more upside with our younger talent. (Willis, Smith, Oramasinu, Brown, Hunt)

LB- personally think we need to find some young talent maybe sign Barrin back just so we can develop some guys but all in all that core will still be good enough but they are getting old except Lobo.

DB's- I can only hope Hefney gets cut and we sign Parker because if that all falls into place i'd have to say we will have one heck of a secondary (JJ, Hefney, L.Walls, Parker, Logan)

QB- want to develop our prospects but i think we need to go after the likes of a jarious jackson to get us by for the next year or so until they are actually ready.

I just hope we put out a good Offence this year because i don't want to see another great defence go to waste like last years Defence did

I’d be stunned if Lapolice keeps Michael Bishop. He was part, a large part, of the regime who fired him 2 minutes after the 2008 season in Saskatchewan. He’s gone.

I hate to sound like a negative fan, but i do not believe both Hargreaves (a free agant in 1 week) and Arthur will both be here, kind of sad though cause i alway’s maintained that Hargreaves was a great Canadian with size and great hands, hope he returns, but who knows. And Athur is young, but NOT AS YOUNG as people think, Hargreaves is actually younger and has played more … LOL … hope both are here to compete in TC. We will get another reciever eith through FA, trade or we will find another diamond in the rough (how is Vincent Marshall?) another Romby find?

Running back will NEED to win his spot this year with Bernard and two other youngsters coming to camp, all have better hands than Reid and have youth on there side, Reid will NEED to WIN his starting job this year, you heard it here first :slight_smile:
Stephenson is the odd man out, but WILL benefit as he will stay on as a special teams player and blocking FB on certain plays, then again Lapolice likes his FB running the ball (see Szarka in Sask)

Santos will be pushing for the starting job alongside LeFors, DiMichele and a couple others, maybe Bish will return to mentor the young guys, would make sense to have Bish back in a backup role, tough call here though, Santos has a huge upside and should be groomed as a starter, but we do need experience at the QB position as well, as scary as it sounds i can see us with Santos, LeFors and DiMichele (as long as one steps up in TC). Will we see the return of Khari Jones as QB coach or OC, as him and Lapolice worked together here in 2002-2003 and remain close.

We ABSOLUTELY need an upgrade at LB and HB with Lobedahn being injured often and Ike Charlton just not playing that great as he gets up there in age, time to find someone new at LB … need to fill a HUGE hole a HB with Heffney gone and Shabazz not playing that great last year. If Shabazz playes like he should and can and Lenny Walls having a full year under his belt, maybe we will not be that bad at the HB position in 2010, lots of young potential as well.

ALL IN ALL I BELIEVE THAT THE 2010 BOMBERS ARE BETTER THAN MOST THINK SO FAR AND WE ARE MAYBE TWO OR THREE PLAYER’S AWAY FROM BEING THE SURPRISE OF THE SEASON, WE WILL FILL THESE HOLES THROUGH FREE AGANCY, TRADE AND/OR GOOD OLD FASHIONED SCOUTING (WE CAN STILL FIND THE NEXT BIG THING THOUGH THIS METHOD) … ALSO IF WE CAN PLAY SOLID ALL SEASON, IT IS LIKELY THAT WE MAY SEE TITUS RYAN AND HEFFNEY BACK IN BLUE AND GOLD ONCE AGAIN, MAYBE SOONER THAN SOME PEOPLE ANTICIPATE!! :rockin:

For all we know Bishop may have been cut because of his contract and not because LaPolice didn't want him. He was on the first year of a new deal that was paying big bucks and the Riders once again went over the cap that year. LaPolice was with the Argos in 2006 when Bishop was there so he was certainly familiar with him. If LaPolice didn't like Bishop I doubt the Riders would have traded for him.

Fair point and we’ll see. But you generally dont cut someone due to contract before you finish the shower after the last game.
But as I say we’ll see. You could be right. Maybe GM Tillman was choked after that loss and just fired him.

Oh no,no,no. Bishop was released halfway through the 4th quarter of that WSF against BC purely on performance grounds.

He couldn't run Lapo's offence in 2008....unless he's had a brain transfusion, it ain't looking any more likely for 2010.

We'll probably never know the full inside story of why he was released from the Riders.

It could have been contract related, or partly contract related. It could also have been influenced by the fact that they risked having Durant walk if Bishop was kept. . . and of course it could also have a lot to do with the fact that he was absolutely dreadful in his last game as a Rider, the playoff game against BC.

Given that he was released so quickly, I'd venture a guess that his performance in that last playoff game had a lot to do with it. . . maybe not the sole reason, but a big one.

Another thing to consider is this.....Riders under Bishop/Police were 6th in offense. Riders under Durant/Police also 6th in offense.

...Reading between the lines regarding Joseph and the argos....hmmmmm looks like they'll be parting ways....Does anyone think LaPolice will be interested....and if so....i think that would spell the end of Bishop in bluengold... :roll: :roll:..Joseph did guide LaPolices' offence to a Grey Cup a couple of years back?????Would the Bombers be the slightest bit interested... :roll:

Well if we’re considering things…the year before Bishop was a Rider: Grey Cup win…the year after Bishop was a Rider: Grey Cup appearance, loss on last play of game. Hmmmm.

I was corrected on that very point papa. . . when the Riders won the Cup, Miller was the O/C, not LaPolice.

......you're right MadJack......are the memory banks failing us :lol: Miller was indeed the o/c....So what capacity was LaPolice in that year for the green guys... :roll:

He's been bouncing around the league as a receivers coach before joining the Riders in 2007 in the same capacity.

On a side note, his offences have always been high risk, high reward. They are always near the top in scoring but with lots of turnovers. A true CFL offence. :wink:

That's what happens when your QB is one Michael Bishop.

He was QB coach in 2007.