Who Should TSN Take From CBC?

Walby is no good, tries too hard to be John Madden (Walby's Warriors?? Gimme a break). You were a great O-linemen, Walby, but do us all a favour and stay away from the broadcast booth.

What ever happened to Leif Pettersen?

I say TSN should stay as far away from Lee and Walby as possible.

Stupid Lee made me look like a liar last night. :oops: I was watching the game with my brother who had never watched a CFL game before last night, and I was telling him that a popular drinking game among fans is to take a drink whenever Mark Lee says "up the gut." But during the whole game I only heard him say it once!

But seriously, I say they leave everyone behind. The CBC panel is a joke. It's like all the guys can't believe they actually made the panel, and so they're all super excited and giddy, and they screw up every other word.

TSN already has the guys they need.

OH GOD PLEASE DONT TAKE WALBY

HE IS HORRIBLE!

I CAN'T STAND THE GUY!

Moose hockey!!???!! Jeff Courier is a football man. More specifically a Rider legend. That guy should be in the plaza as a broadcaster obviously. That is an opinion, but what isn’t an opinion is the FACT that he SHOULD be doing TV games for TSN. Sure he’s no Don Juan but Shrek Walby? Thats all I got.

Kel

No way do you take Walby, not a hope. As it has been said, They can’t just take Lee. Jman, buddy how can you say Mark Lee sucks but Jones doesn’t??? EVERYTIME he pipes into a conversation he says “yeaaa” and it is the most annoying thing I have ever heard. Some people apparently never noticed and then I mentioned it and as soon as I said it, everyone else started noticing it too. Ugh, I say leave them all behind. I agree with Chief, the CBC panel is a joke.

IF they take Armitage I will boycott TSN :lol:

CBC isn't using old Don Wittman, he has a great voice still for football, I'd replace Black with Wittman.

I vote for Walby. I think he's one of the best. Superior football knowledge.
Great ability to pinpoint what matters to the fan and dissect what's happening on the field.
Who cares if he mangles the occasional name or sentence.

But Chief , you dont want to hear Lee say something unintentionally funny such as the classic line “jump his balls”, one more time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You too, eh? Jones drove me nuts in the first two rounds of the playoffs with how he opens every single comment with “yeah…”

Someone buy a thesaurus, quick!

Burris was great and I’d love to see him back full time when he retires. Otherwise all TSN is really going to need is a third announce crew if there are a lot of games in a short stretch, and Mark Lee has a contract with CBC to do other sports.

how about Mark Lee saying "And he's out of Touch!"

It'S OUT OF BOUNDS YOU MORON!!!

Its called spreading around the call. "Out of touch" isn't entirly wrong man. Its a rugby expression and rugby is where OUR game comes from.

Kel

If they don't hire any of the CBC panel, they could probably make do even with just Cuthbert/Suitor and Black/McManus, provided the schedule is set up something like this:

Friday Night Football - Suitor/Cuthbert

Saturday Afternoon Football - Black/McManus

Saturday Evening (or late night for BC home games) - Cuthbert/Suitor, presumably they've had time to be flown in that morning

Sunday Afternoon - Black and McManus again.

OR, if thats too demanding travel-wise, how about having more Thursday games (I liked those personally), and cut one of the saturday games. That leaves McManus and Black to do thursdays and saturdays, while Cuthbert and Suitor pick up fridays and sundays.

I just saved TSN money not having to hire more commentator-type people! I'll be expecting my cheque in the mail from the TSN head office in gratitude.

How about having Gord Miller call a few games? He is a good PBP guy, and then get either Benefield or Jones for analysis.

I find Chris Walby entertaining.
If there isn't room on the play by play, put him on the TSN CFL panel. Maybe get rid of Jock Clime, who has gone to the Greg Frehr, Sean Millington school of tongue tiedness.

I'd like to see a lot less of Rod Black on football coverage - I can't stand his puns.
Form the CBC Group I think Mark Lee, despite his annoying quirks, is an exciting play by play guy but I think he will still be under contract with CBC. Hey, Walby is a good guy and he understands football - I think TSN should pick him up. It will be interesting to see how TSN handles being the soul broadcaster for the CFL.

it will be very interesting indeed. I want to see what the schedule looks like when they have to work the TV games out.

they may need to look at a 3rd group of announcers.

It makes sense.
By showing all the games now, they will need another announcing crew.
If they don't hire talent from CBC, who else is out there?

I'd rather they take guys off the street... :?

I agree Chief. You and I could do better play-by-play than Lee and Walby!