Who should be the STARTING QB in 2013?

Papa it's not too often that you and I disagree, but I guess this is one of them.

I hear what you are saying, but (and here's MY but) to me, the game was won by the coaching and by the two lines (offence and defence). Ray outplayed Glenn, yes, but that would rank fourth as a factor I think. Even if Glenn matched Ray, Toronto would still have won due to the first three factors. Switch them around. . .do you think if Ray was a Stampeder they would have won? I doubt it; Milanovich and Jones ran rings around Hufnagel and Dickenson, the Toronto O line dominated the Calgary D, and Toronto's D owned Calgary's offensive line. Ray wouldn't have overcome those three things (although I grant you he'd have given them a better run for their money than did Glenn).

…you know that’s exactly the scenario I was going to present to you…Switch the qbs…Ray throwing to a pretty good group of receivers and implementing the game plan properly… (where Glenn fell apart)…Next put Glenn in the argos line-up …If you thought his out-put was bad in the stamps backfield, I’d hate to see the slaughter if he was left in any amount of time running the argos offence…He would have had Milanovitch fit to be tied with his poor execution…One that resembled a bad CIS qb…But heh…We’ll agree to disagree I guess…I do know one thing for sure…The qb. is usually the hero after a convincing win or wears the goat horns after a loss…Fair or not it’s usually the quarterback that is put in the spotlight…secondary to other mitigating circumstances… :wink:

The Stamps to a team of players and coaches failed to rise up to the challenge, unlike the Argos. The Argos came out with fire and spirit and outplayed, outmuscled the Stamps. Anytime the Stamps had a glimmer of hope, they shot themselves in the foot. But as bad as the Stamps were, the argos took a while to put em away for good. Biggest turning point in that game in my mind was the call back on Taylor's return. That TD stands and it would've been a whole new ballgame with what should've been a reinvigorated Stamps team. That aside, Calgary was outplayed in every facet of the game and deserved to lose. MIlanovich/Jones did a better job coaching up their team, creating a game plan, and getting their guys ready to play and their guys showed it on the field.

Whats that saying, where there is smoke, the could be fire?

Kevin Glenn was interviewed last week by one of CKNW's Talk show hosts (Not sure if it was David Pratt or Dan Russel.) They kept asking Glenn about going to Winnipeg next year as Tate and Levi Mitchel are # 1 & #2 for next year. Glenn quite politely told them that (Last week) was not the time to be commenting on unfounded rumours. The talk show geeks seemed pretty persistant in trying to get an answer and kept trying to ask Kevin Glenn the same question worded differently several times only to get the same polite "rebuttal".

Hmmmm, makes you wonder though.........

…hey sport…no chance on Glenn but you might want to tell Wally he better unlock the safe…We’ll probably be coming fast and hard for Reilly… :lol:

I heard a similar interview or maybe a replay of that one. Frankly I thought Glenn was polite enough, too polite really. Which QB wants to talk about where they are going to play next year when they are days away from starting for their current team in the Grey Cup. Its a valid question but also an ill timed one, best left for the day after the game. There are more questions to ask then the same one over and over. The only thing it makes me wonder is whether this is what constitutes as reporting these days when hacks like that and lawless have steady jobs.

In his column today, Doug Brown gives a lot of credit to Chris Jones:

When Jones said, "They have some good run-down tendencies that we identified," what he meant was that he knew when the Stampeders were going to run the ball. This is as helpful to a defence as an offence understanding your signal for cover zero, when you have no deep safety help. When you are a co-ordinator and you have figured out what your opponent is going to do, half, or at least part of the time, it makes your job infinitely easier.
[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/it-was-the-stamps-predictability-that-was-their-undoing-180953901.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 53901.html[/url]

Poor Glenn would have liked to see him get his ring but the bottom line is

KG’s been to 2 grey cups and has yet to play in one.

:lol: :lol:

Laugh all you want guys but lets face it, back in 2007 most of us would’ve loved to have Glenn start that Cup game ahead of Dinwiddie.

That said, I’m still voting No on Glenn Winnipeg 2013.

Quoted for truth.

And, I tend to think that had Glenn not broken his arm and played in the Grey Cup, Winnipeg would have won. Joseph did not play well at all (although it was good enough to beat Dinwiddie).

So would I.

Kevin, I should start, Glenn

....rumour is that the Bombers are shopping Elliott....????? Someone picked it up off the local radio station, but can't confirm...IF true could the Bombers be clearing the way for a shot at Reilly...We'll see if there are any takers... :roll:

Well that’s sure interesting, if true, papa. I suspect Edmonton would be the team they might be shopping him to. … can’t really see anyone else being in the market, unless perhaps BC or Montreal if they think they either aren’t interested in, or believe they cannot, re-sign Reilly and McPherson.

gee.. darn... this sux....please, not Elliott :expressionless:

No one falling for that? Guess its no secret he's the guy I'd like them to move out of the ones on the roster.

Maybe a conditional trade to BC in exchange for pre FA negotiating rights to Reilly? If they can't sign Reilly before FA starts they hold on to Elliott? or to MTL in the same scenario to negotiate with McPherson? Maybe just a wild rumor with no factual basis. I'm a bit surprised since he seemed to be the bombers' preferred choice to try groom into a long term starter but the experience he's gotten and the two offensive awards he got this season make him the guy they can best leverage to get something in return.

Honestly, does any one this Alex Brink is a possible starting QB in the CFL? I wouldnt even want him as a backup lol.

But here's your chance Brink fans, lets hear why he's so great:

...............?

I think Brink has a better shot of becoming a game manager than Elliott but it sounds like the Bombers are pretty high on Goltz, so who knows.

......Brink is the best....AND i do mean the best, third and short qb. in the league....carry on.... :rockin:

I’d give it to McPherson in that situation, TBH.

…yes …McPherson is good at it as well…I just thought if that’s all I can come-up with for Brink as a Bomber qb…that ain’t good :roll: