Who said the CFL was dead in Southern Ontario?

Toronto – The 2007 Grey Cup Festival Committee is thrilled to announce that the upper bowl of Rogers Centre for the Grey Cup game on November 25 is sold out! With the exception of a few singles and obstructed view seats, the entire upper level has been sold.

Brad Watters, General Manager, Grey Cup 2007, commented, “We are overwhelmed by the pace of ticket sales for Grey Cup. The Toronto market has embraced Canada’s game and welcomed it back after a 15 year absence. This is sure to be the party of the year!?

Details of the Grey Cup Festival will be announced at a launch party on Monday, May 28 at 4:00 p.m. at Ultra Supper Club in downtown Toronto.

The Toronto Argonauts home opener on June 28 will have a special Grey Cup theme to show fans a bit of what’s to come in November. Lower bowl tickets for Grey Cup are available at Ticketmaster at (416) 872-5000 or at www.ticketmaster.ca. Act now to avoid disappointment.

That bodes well for the Vanier Cup too.... 8)

Mike H.

You are quite right to point this one out, it is a huge achievement given the disappointment with the last couple of Grey Cups in Southern Ontario, at Skydome and here at Ivor Wynne.

Hats off to the Argo's marketing crew.

Now all we have to do is cheer on the Ticats to steal the show. :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

I'm pleasantly shocked. It looks like a sold out Rogers Centre is a real possibility, especially if the home team makes it. Even Hamilton would do, being just 40 minutes down the QEW.

I'm glad I bought my tickets away back when.

An Argo-Cat fan

The bigger story here is that Grey Cup tickets are selling well despite the fact that Brad Watters is "in charge" of that event.

I have to ask, why are you shocked? :?

I'm not shocked.

The CFL is cool again. It has been marketed well the last few years, and I believe things are still looking up.

I wonder who were the yo-yo's that put Brad Watters in charge of Grey Cup 2007?

He must be a genius, I recommend he gets hired to generally manage some other League interests.

;-)

This is great. Since I paid full price for seats for the 92 and 96 GC games here in SO and therefore feel a bit cheated of sorts wrongly or rightly, I am passing on this one but do plan to take in the Vanier on Friday night and some of the festivities.

I'm really excited about this. It's my first GC and I'm taking my Dad with me. It's going to be a lot of fun. I'm also really looking forward to meeting some great CFL fans.

I'm working on a fundraiser for CFL fans fight cancer that will allow one lucky winner to cut my hair, it's being donated to "A Child's Voice" (a non-profit organization that makes wigs for children of low-income families.) I'll post more about it in the off-topic once all the details are worked out.

Great news indeed, alot of positive things happened in the CFL over the past few years, Bob being one of them. :thup:

It is hard to question Brads ability to sell tickets.
He has always been a good sales guy whatever group he has headed up.
The Rock were a success beyond anyones wildest dreams.
He sold tickets in Ottawa.

It's too bad the Vanier is on Friday.
They lost 11 ticket and beers sales because it's not on the Saturday.
Not thinking very hard , if you ask me.

Yeah, it's too bad the Vanier can't be on the Saturday but maybe it's because it wouldn't be possible to turn the stadium over from Vanier Cup site to Grey Cup site in time......ie; logos on the field, sponsors, concessions, merchandise and all the other billions of differing details between the two Championships.....

....at least the weather won't be an issue for either event so that's a good thing perhaps.

Hi there, I hope you see this Barney because I'm not being sarcastic, I was just curious. PM if easier.

Dave

"Now all we have to do is cheer on the Ticats to steal the show". A huge YES, Bob, that was my first thought when I heard that the Cup was being played in Toronto Lets do that. cheer them on to the Rogers centre for the big dance...YES