who played themself off the team last night?

Everyone agrees that Tre Smith probably made the team with his great performance, but who got themselves cut by playing poorly?

Anyone who was at the game care to comment?

If Williams hadn't had a decent 2007 as backup, I think he'd be hard pressed to make the team this year based on his preseason. He's shown very little and he's not a rookie anymore.

If they keep 4 QBs he's safe. If not, I'd keep Porter who seems to have more upside. I'd keep Chang too--he's shown enough to warrant another chance.

An Argo-Cat fan

I don't think anyone played off the team but due to good performances by players like Scott Mitchell, Dickerson , Jo Jo Walker ,Tre Smith , James Kinney , Knowlton others may have lost a job .

I just hope they find a spot for Kinney and Tre Smith and not at the expense of Caulley for example .

i think the following guys will get cut :

Cohen , Rodriguez, Tisdale , Bo Smith , Cameron Siskowic , Glavic, Nedd, Roberts,
Gerald Davis, Tinker , Kania, Marcus Lewis, Woods, Woodcock, Piercy, Rempel

Trade Williams don't cut him!There are
teams that can use him. If he go's on the
practice roster he will be picked up for
nothing.

I think they will put Adam Kania on the practice roster as with Rempel and Piercy. Williams is on this team, he deserves it, he was our best QB in the regular season last year.

Then what QB would you cut??

I don’t think they will cut Piercy, he’ll be our starting FB along with Pavlovic.

Cohen has proven in both preseason games that he is capable of making plays. He has had some good returns and has made many catches as WR.

Siskowic i think will be backing up at LB and hes been playing good at special teams. Kania I think will be on the practice roster, Marcus Lewis has been decent at DT, i wish i could have seen the Toronto game, but i think Marcus Lewis and Darrell Adams will be our starting DTs.

GOTC Wrote,

Trade Williams don’t cut him!There are
teams that can use him. If he go’s on the
practice roster he will be picked up for
nothing.

No way would I trade Williams, I know his stats werent good last night. But its preseason and Williams he has proved from last season that he can play especially when the pressure is on( Regular season) which is more than I can say about Chang, he didn`t do anything in the regular season last year. Williams is still # 2 in my books.

Then trade Chang, don't cut him!
One of the QB's must go! There are teams who need QB's and I don't want the cats
to be a farm team for QB's. trade chang or
williams and keep Porter he has alot of potenial.

But Porters hasnt even played a regular season game in the CFL, how can we keep a QB that hasnt even played a down in a real game. As far as trading Chang, I think we probably wouldn`t get much for the guy

We did it with Chang last year. I can almost guarantee that the 4th QB will be on the practice roster. As well, JoJo may have played himself off the team by not continually getting hit in the face with passes and not catching them. Also, ALL receivers need to look back to the QB if there is a need for an outlet pass.

siqpig wrote,

We did it with Chang last year. I can almost guarantee that the 4th QB will be on the practice roster

That`s true,

my guess is they would keep Porter on the practice roster.

I think theres a chance Bauman played himself off the team by not playing..lol

Obie was definitely not impressed, and he hasn't had a spectacular camp either.. something to think about. We also have Woodcock and French, both have experience and have been playing in both preseason games making plays.

After listening to Obie's comment on the FAN590, we're probably only going to play 1 Canadian receiver.

We don’t cut any of them remember last year we didn’t cut any ! They have all showed flashes be it last year or this year

I agree with Mike54. Baumann complained of being “too tight” right before gametime. Not a good idea when you’re fighting for your job. Maybe he’s been given too much competition by French, Woodcock, and L-M, and can see the writing on the wall.

That writing might be on the wall of the toilet stall, which is where his career seems to be going…

Not sure if anyone played themselves off the team. The thng that worries me is the lack of pressure on the opposing QB and the amount of sacks we gave up. I'm hopeful that we'll be stronger in the "trenches" this year.

You obviously didn’t go to the game last night or
you would have seen the potenial in Porter. he
was very composed for a rookie. i think he will
be better than williams after the same amount of time williams has been here now.

Like I have said before, I really wonder where Williams head is at, given that he knew going in he didnt have any shot at starter, no matter how well he did. It can take away a persons motivation. Hope that isnt the case.

Willi Ponder should make this team because I don't think you should ever cut a guy named Willi.

GOTC wrote,

You obviously didn’t go to the game last night or
you would have seen the potenial in Porter. he
was very composed for a rookie. i think he will
be better than williams after the same amount of time williams has been here now.

I wish I could have gone to the game!!!
I know Porter looked good last night, but its preseason, very big difference for when it counts. Chang looked good in preseason, doesnt mean that much. It`s the regular season that counts. If Porter moves up on the QB list all the power to him, may the best man win!