Who is the worst Hamilton coach ever?

I'm sure Charlie will get a lot of votes but in my mind its Payne. The worst display of coaching I have ever seen was along time ago in Montreal. All I remember is we are beating them at half time by about three touch downs and Payne decides to sit on the lead by handing off to Rufus Crawford the entire second half. I believe the Montreal QB was Gerry Datillio who mounted the come and beat us. When Taafe decided to punt on third and one inch it brought back memories of that horrible coaching display. I love the Cats but this team has a legacy of horrible coaching. (I hope it was Payne I was only a kid the time)

Al Dorow

Sudsy.
How at 24 I remain a ticats fan after a childhood of putting up with those early/mid 90's teams.. is an absolute miracle.

Frank ( the a-hole ) Kush...hands down.
Remember that freak ?
I sure do.

Urban Bowman

I would disagree with Kush. I think we would do much better with a character like him back in town.

I would put forward David Beckman.

Without a doubt Dave Beckman. Makes me ill just typing his name.

Marcel Bellefeuille is the worst OC of all time!!!

joe paopao
kani
bellefeuille
kavis reed
those american high school coordinators
beckman

al dorow... sorry buddy... and i liked your football card when you were a bc quaterback..

Amen Cattmann! Mr. Highschool, Dave Beckman. Absolute disaster!

End of thread.

Beckman.

Hands down...no debate.

You can do it... You're the Oz!!

8) I agree completely, Frank Kush was one of the best coaches we ever had here. Just check his win/loss record for his one year here !!
 He was hired by Ralph Sazio, and he was the same type of no nonsense, tough, disiplinarian that Ralph was, along with being a great coach.

I also agree with your pick of Mr. Beckman, followed closely by Al Dorrow  !!

Anyone remember the infamous bithday cake episode at centre field after a practice  ???        <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I think his name was David Beckman.

Wally Zatylny has told a story where he used to drink at halftime, and once sent Ozzy in to try like a 65 yard FG.

I liked Frank Kush as a coach. He doesn't belong on this list. Tough and smart. Great at Arizona State and really good when he was here as well. We could use someone of his ilk today.

On the other side of the coin, I really liked Al Bruno as a man, but knew that we would get screwed by the refs when he was on the sidelines. The CFL refs hated Al (and vice versa) and they made the Cats pay week after week that he was on the sidelines. I think that was the most frustrating time to be a TC fan. Even worse than watching the Maas and Taaffe eras...

Has to be Beckman, hands down! I remember his own players making fun of him behind his back with the fans. Pretty sure it was Miles Gorrel who use to stand behind him and pretend to shoot him in the head when he made the wrong call on accepting or declining a penalty etc.

Another time, one of the O-Linemen got right in his face until he changed his mind on a penalty. The bench antics were often more fun than the game.

[quote]
On the other side of the coin, I really liked Al Bruno as a man, but knew that we would get screwed by the refs when he was on the sidelines. The CFL refs hated Al (and vice versa) and they made the Cats pay week after week that he was on the sidelines. I think that was the most frustrating time to be a TC fan. Even worse than watching the Maas and Taaffe eras...

I think Hamilton gets the short end of the stick on a consistent basis to this day . Al Bruno was a winner and i`d take him as a coach any day .

I also agree that Beckham was by far the worst coach we have ever had . I cant believe i paid to watch his team . I felt sorry for the players .

As far as Kush , how can you argue with his style ?? He made that team win games .I think we had 12 that season .

Taffe needs a rush end and we would start to win some games . He`s a proven winner look at his Montreal record . I dont care who you are if you dont have talent you cant win .

I made some comments in another thread about what Buono has to work with on defence in BC and of course none of the Taffe haters wanted to comment on that !!!!

George Dickson and Tom Dimitrof (sp?) were HANDS DOWN the worst...I think Dickson got fired after the preseason...

And Frank Kush was a GREAT coach...till that 102 yard TD pass against Ottawa in the Eastern Final

............little red riding hood, forgot his name, but he refused to wear black and gold, and insisted, in wearing red, what for, I dont know