Who is the greatest receiver ever ?

any more votes here? its Rice but I wanna hear what everyone else thinks.Just curious.

MINUTE RICE.... no question.
All that Swan talk is empty wind. Stallworth had just as good stats, and he was on the same team.

Many, myself included would disagree with you on these points. Bourque is top ten in defencemen certainly, second to Orr, questionable. Paul Coffey, Larry Robinson and possibly the greatest ever besides Orr, Doug Harvie, all would deserve consideration and all have multiple cups thereby getting my nod ahead of Bourque. Brad Park may be the second greatest talent at the defence position but like Stegall, never won a Cup.

Dionne better known than the Pocket Rocket, not amongst my generation and I would guess most hockey fans would know Henri Richard better. True hockey fans who were around to see both in their prime will tell you that Henri was far more that the just brother of the Rocket and in many ways was the best hockey player in the Richard family.

i will bet you if there was a nation wide vote, bourque would be second to orr. but even if he was 3rd, or 4th, winning that cup with colorado did not make him better. it would not come into play when analysing his career. like i said, he was a far better player without the cup, than he was when he won it. so that proves that having a championship or not having one, does not make you a better, or worse player. thats the perfectexample.

the whole henri thing, i agree he was a great player. but dionne would be ranked higher im sure because of his statistics.and although he did make a name for himself, he likely wouldnt be as popular if his name was henri smith. not to knock him , but its true. but thats not really the oint though.the point is that a championship will let that player sit back at the end of his career and know he won one, and put a smile on his face, but like in the bourque example, it doesn not make you better, or worse.

Just like the top players of all time in the CFL, any vote would depend on many demographics. Generationally, younger fans would probably go with Bourque, middle aged fans may choose one of the others, my Dads generation would go with Harvey. People in Edmonton would go with Coffey, Montreal Robinson or Harvey depending on age, so voting is meaningless.

Why didn't a certain player win a Championship, was it bacause he didn't perform well in big games? To choose a so called greatest ever, in my books you need the whole package and that includes being able to win the big game.

In CFL hostory, I think I would pick Milt Stegall as the greatest. The man is still playing for crying out loud!

The best current NFL receiver i think is Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, or Terrell Owens.

Randy Moss has apparently lost his love of the game, sees no point to it anymore.

Ocho Cinco (Chad Johnson) is a great young talent.

Marvin Harrison is good, no doubt... but i wonder how much of that is because of Peyton Manning.

TO is the most physical WR in the NFL. When he catches the ball, he is hard to bring down, and thats his biggest attribute.

Currently in the CFL I would say Geroy Simon and in the NFL, it's close between Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith.

Geroy Simon is the best at this time, greatest all-time, maybe in a few years, not yet.

The fact that Simon or Stegall are still playing has no bearing on their status in a straw pole as to who is the best of all time.

I think any players still playing the game (except for dinosaurs like Stegall) have to be exempt from this poll. Consistency throughout ones career plays a big part of "best ever" in my book.

I think Allen Pitts ranks up there in the CFL and Cahoon looks to be making the list soon. I don't know if i have ever seen Cahoon have an off game.

Just to clarify this list is only considering guys that are playing right now, not all-time. Like I stated before Rice is the best all-time.

...jman that signature tag is ridiculously large....

Which one? lol